North Central FL finals

Remove this Banner Ad

BlueBoy41

Senior List
Nov 10, 2004
Other Teams
Carlton
With Charlton already through to the GF, who will join them out of this weekend's preliminary finallists - Wedderburn or Wycheproof-Narraport?
Wedderburn has been in form all year but you'd be a silly man to bet against the Demons in a final.

Thoughts anyone...

Agreed, Wedderburn have a habit of choking in finals especially GF's. Kicked one goal against Wyche in a GF at Birchip a couple of years back. Also got thumped by Birchip in a GF after beating them in a 2nd semi. Wyche always seem to perform when it counts.

Results from the weekend:

NORTH CENTRAL: Prelim f: Wycheproof Narraport 11.11 bt Wedderburn 9.9. Res: Wedderburn 6.6 bt Charlton 6.5. 3rds: Charlton 11.8 bt Donald 8.6.

Wedderburn choked again and Charlton are to meet the ever-dangerous Wyche-Narraport in the GF at St Arnaud on Saturday. Should be an awesome spectacle between two very young sides.

Mobbenfuhrer said:
Its at KGP?

The GF will be staged at St Arnaud's Lord Nelson Park. I think that's what you were enquiring about, Mobbenfuhrer?

I've never known where St A (the NCFL club) played but assumed it was King George's Park, which was the home of the finals for the old Kara Kara FL. Can you enlighten me on whether they're the same ground or whether Lord Nelson Park is a different venue, and also, which one does St A use as its home ground? Thanks!

Mobbenfuhrer said:
I've never known where St A (the NCFL club) played but assumed it was King George's Park, which was the home of the finals for the old Kara Kara FL. Can you enlighten me on whether they're the same ground or whether Lord Nelson Park is a different venue, and also, which one does St A use as its home ground? Thanks!

Mob,

I can't enlighten you any more than to say that Lord Nelson is the main sporting arena in the town of St Arnaud. There is a harness racing track that surrounds the football and hockey venues and they installed pokies in the club room about 5 years ago. Have you ever been to St Arnard, Mob?

Mobbenfuhrer said:

King George Park only gets a run now for the cricket... Not sure how it would have gone for footy...

Well be a good weekend of footy this weekend in the North Central League...

thanks gerta.

Blueboy, I grew up 20 clicks from St Arnaud but have never been to a footy ground there. I have recall of visiting the Snuh show as a young'n, but I think that was at a racecourse. Also been to see Grt Uncle in hospital, and can't remember for what other reasons. This was all back in the 1980s and earliers.

I have however been to Donald's footy ground about 4 times, Wedderburn's or Whyche's once (dunno which, was very young, had row of cypresses and big dam next door), and a cricket ground at Charlton out back over a creek/river surrounded by nothing.

In my research, kept coming across KGP when checking out the Kara Kara FL and Coonooer DFA, and so Lord Nelson's was new to me.

Last time I went to Snuh I had a beer in a big pub on a big corner across the street from Algae Park. No tell a lie, I more recently dropped into a pub near south end after first dropping into the Logan pub and then running away screaming. Had been to Inglewood for their 125th.

Now how much information more than you needed was that!? :D

BlueBoy41 said:
Results from the weekend:

NORTH CENTRAL: Prelim f: Wycheproof Narraport 11.11 bt Wedderburn 9.9. Res: Wedderburn 6.6 bt Charlton 6.5. 3rds: Charlton 11.8 bt Donald 8.6.

Wedderburn choked again and Charlton are to meet the ever-dangerous Wyche-Narraport in the GF at St Arnaud on Saturday. Should be an awesome spectacle between two very young sides.

They get many down to the GF in the North central league do they? Just driven though a few of these parts before and seem a little isolated but seem like pretty close knit towns. Remember one new years we dropped into some town on the way home into the pub and everyone was smashed and having a great time imagine the footy clubs are the same. Wychy has a grand stand dont they, how many do you get at an average game during the year?

And the winners are:

Seniors: Charlton over Wyche in a good game, that Charlton controlled from the outset
Reserves: Wedderburn over Wyche... Started off a poor day for the demons.
U16's: St Arnaud over Charlton... St Arnaud too good, too strong... A very strong side...
U14's: Donald over St Arnaud in an incredibly tight game... Only 3 goals kicked... St Arnaud nearly caused what would have been the upset of the year...

gerta said:
And the winners are:

Seniors: Charlton over Wyche in a good game, that Charlton controlled from the outset
Reserves: Wedderburn over Wyche... Started off a poor day for the demons.
U16's: St Arnaud over Charlton... St Arnaud too good, too strong... A very strong side...
U14's: Donald over St Arnaud in an incredibly tight game... Only 3 goals kicked... St Arnaud nearly caused what would have been the upset of the year...

My wife is from Charlton, happy to see they got up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back