Marns

Back from the dead
Sep 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
I'm talking NHL 06, 2K6, Gretzky 2006 etc.

I want to buy 06 for PC, because I dont have a PS2, Xbox etc, but at the moment my computer can't handle the game. It's a new computer but the graphics card is ordinary. I'm looking at the relatively cheap Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT (around $215), does anyone have this combination, and is the graphics card sufficient enough? I'd hate to get this card and find that it's not enough.
Cheers if anyone knows, and feel free to add whatever you want about the games, nerdy stuff etc :p

im in the same boat, and i thought it was just be upgrading the graphics card, but my comp is too old that it wont handle it so in short, in order for me to play nhl 06, i need a newer computer. hopefully, your able to just replace your card

If you're buying a new comp for the sole purpose of playing an NHL game I just recommend buying an X-Box 360. It'll work out cheaper :p
On my old computer I used to have about 50 different NHL games. I had NES, SNES, Sega Mega Drive, C64 and Atari emulators. I used to love Wayne Gretzky Hockey '94 for the simple fact that when you got in a fight if you pressed the B and C button at the same time you would grab your opponents head and knee him in the face. The fight would be over in two shots. It was so wrong, yet so awesome. Man, I really need to get some emulators on this computer. Those games ruled (as did California Games!)
I'm a Sega Sports (the 2K range) man for NHL games. I find EA Sports to be too gimmicky and for the mainstream. Graphics are better in EA but the gameplay in the 2K range is far superior. My friends that have NHL 06 tell me that the gameplay has improved but I have no reason to go back to the EA titles because I'd say I'm a full Sega Sports convert.
For 2007 if I have the money I'll buy both and give EA another shot but this'll probably be their last chance.

Yeah we've already got the new computer, the old one was just really bad, so we were due. But to play NHL I need a new graphics card. I'd love an Xbox 360 or ps2, but CBF forking the money for one.

For gameplay you'll need a console for as Vic Crow said the best NHL game's are the 2k series. I do play the EA games every year but never for very long and has been the case every year since about 2001 as they have to many gimicks. I'm always having a game of 2k6 on the xbox (it's the only way the Pen's will win a game :eek: )
Ea's have gotten better but are still no where near to coming close to 2k in regards to shear gameplay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back