Remove this Banner Ad

FootieFanz

https://opensea.io/FootiePalz
Oct 14, 2021
Oztralia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey everyone,

I realise there is a Crypto thread but that seems to be the realm of BTC, #ALTcoins and whatever other tokens people are choosing to follow. Just wondering if anyone on here is dipping their toe into the NFT market?

I am onto building my second project, it's just for bit of a fun, after wrapping up something a little more substantial.

I enjoy building products and then expanding their functionality to a point where you are truly mind blown as to how far things have come.

In the current case (#FootiePalz/#FootieFanz), I am working on a form of game development that will allow token holders to utilise their property in a fashion that adds value to what seems to be merely a 2D avatar with a huge price tag.

Just wondering if anyone has come across any revolutionary platforms or ideas that have included NFT's or could include NFTs? I'd love to gain some exposure to new and exciting projects and maybe even share a bit of what is going on behind the scenes with my current project.

Cheers!

Check out https://loudnft.co/

It's the first (soon to be fully functional) NFT marketplace for musicians. Others do 'music' NFTs, which are really just pictures of associated memorabilia. This one is aiming to reinvent the music industry altogether as artists can decide on their own royalties, scarcity of songs/albums, etc.

Check out https://loudnft.co/

It's the first (soon to be fully functional) NFT marketplace for musicians. Others do 'music' NFTs, which are really just pictures of associated memorabilia. This one is aiming to reinvent the music industry altogether as artists can decide on their own royalties, scarcity of songs/albums, etc.

Cheers mate, I will have a squiz!

Starting an NFT thread.

I have very limited knowledge and am hoping some people can enlighten me as to what and why?

Depends on what you're after in the NFT space I guess.

Most people are solely after them as an investment opportunity. One of my brother's clients has a Bored Ape worth nearly 200k. Their value goes up based on scarcity. Coin Bureau has a really good video on this explaining how the value varies between NFTs.

I personally own 3 Loudlings from Loud Market. The reason I bought them was due to the was that they enable you to attend Metaverse concerts later on, as well as being able to rent them out if you can't/don't want to attend.

There's a lot of trash out there, I guess it's about finding ones with potential use cases, as well as a great series with a lot of potential to go big down the track. Very much a gamble if you buy them when they first launch but the potential returns are massive.

I'm not big into them myself, however (in the case of Loud) if you're minting them from a set, they are like loot boxes in online games. You don't know what you're going to get, you just have a chance of scarcity however no 2 are exactly the same.

These are my Edenhorde characters, one of my Babbu's (bought this morning for 1.1 ETH) and my Gadiran are ranked top 300ish (rarity traits) in their tribe (so about top 10%). The other Babbu I have from minting is about mid range in their tribe. However, the team will be releasing their own rarity ratings shortly that look beyond just the metadata and have assured all holders that everyone will benefit equally from trading profits (depending on how many you own of course). They have also stated that rarity rankings do not matter at all for the story that begins Feb 28.

The rarest Oru and the highest ranking of all Edenhorde's sold overnight for 17.5 ETH, a few other have sold around the 10 ETH mark as well (cheapest Oru's are going for 3-4 ETH, if you're lucky). The rarer ones for the other 3 tribes all selling above 3-5 ETH. Floor price overall still holding at 1.1 ETH and anything that gets listed below 1 ETH gets bought before you see it and can click the buy button (none listed below 1 ETH now). The largest wallet keeps buying more post reveal and continually Tweets about it (they are also extremely bullish on Azuki and bought early there, this is the closest comparison many experienced NFT people have stated in terms of price action - Azuki floor is now about 15 ETH in one month and minted for 0.3 ETH)). If any of you are looking to get into a long term NFT project with strong fundamentals and fun utility, now is the time (if you can afford 1 ETH and gas).

As always though, DYOR and don't just trust a random bloke on an internet forum.

m6sfBSgp4feYLZvw5KJXxzBa1Db_G6WatFus5rPMZjG9t5pFTuRwCJogal-1lWmWBzpmr3Y-RnswHvE_QMsbRmaYetGpVrnbweTcmPc=w600

nYSZpJDiwgX9-fy0fojN8O8D4vyOHNxNF7Ad5HxD1O9cPZuotOAVGvA_wNgi6mfrIbPYPBa0muTXRihuIJuJpH98E3gfxjyBf5yi=w600

9XScpYw5jAALUOprIT6Q7Qy05gx88vD00Ya72TypkhB542aB4AXmwh19bxHcT7oeyyvhIyFBmPB-svTfVXf4SYzCyzY2UDMDfvXI=w600

I lost my way a little bit with NFT's. Mainly due to the fact I hate how active you need to be on socials.
Discord and Twitter are so foreign to me. Its definitely something I need to work harder on. Im almost out of crypto tokens/coins entirely apart from BTC and ETH for the fact I am a lot more interested in NFT art and collectibles. It just makes a lot more sense investment wise as well imo.

I lost my way a little bit with NFT's. Mainly due to the fact I hate how active you need to be on socials.
Discord and Twitter are so foreign to me. Its definitely something I need to work harder on. Im almost out of crypto tokens/coins entirely apart from BTC and ETH for the fact I am a lot more interested in NFT art and collectibles. It just makes a lot more sense investment wise as well imo.
I’m addicted to Discord, Twitter and the Merit Circle Telegram groups haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know what an NFT 'reveal' is? And when it is?
I'm guessing it's different to the mint date.
If it isn't the mint date, is it a few days after or something?

I'm seeing videos on YouTube with 'flip NFTs during reveal' etc.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does anyone know what an NFT 'reveal' is? And when it is?
I'm guessing it's different to the mint date.
If it isn't the mint date, is it a few days after or something?

I'm seeing videos on YouTube with 'flip NFTs during reveal' etc.

For some NFT projects, the developers pick a date after the mint for the reveal (which is done by refreshing the NFT metadata FYI). During the period between the mint and reveal, the NFT can be sold but the 'picture' is not known. Once the picture is revealed, the NFT is usually priced on aesthetics, traits, desirability and supply to generate a price. Some of the rare NFTs on popular sets are worth a lot of $$$ and people are hoping to reveal these. Hope this helps.

For some NFT projects, the developers pick a date after the mint for the reveal (which is done by refreshing the NFT metadata FYI). During the period between the mint and reveal, the NFT can be sold but the 'picture' is not known. Once the picture is revealed, the NFT is usually priced on aesthetics, traits, desirability and supply to generate a price. Some of the rare NFTs on popular sets are worth a lot of $$$ and people are hoping to reveal these. Hope this helps.
Yeah that's perfect, thank you.
May seem like a silly question, but how do you know if the project won't be revealed until days after mint instead of it just being revealed the same time as mint date?
Do they usually announce this on socials? (Twitter, discord etc.)

Yeah that's perfect, thank you.
May seem like a silly question, but how do you know if the project won't be revealed until days after mint instead of it just being revealed the same time as mint date?
Do they usually announce this on socials? (Twitter, discord etc.)

Yes, announced on their webpage, socials etc.

BACCS Interested on your opinion on Landlord NFT - twitter and webpage. It's definitely worth looking into IMO. I listened to their recent twitter space update #2 and one the main guys is an Aussie. It was worry that some of the team were only meeting in this space. Anyway, this type of utility NFT token seems like a promising idea and offers passive income that could be kept into the selling price. 4006 NFTs at an average of say 0.25 ETH, will raise 1000 ETH. That's enough to buy the metaverse land, but it doesn't seem like a lot of NFTs to me.

BACCS Interested on your opinion on Landlord NFT - twitter and webpage. It's definitely worth looking into IMO. I listened to their recent twitter space update #2 and one the main guys is an Aussie. It was worry that some of the team were only meeting in this space. Anyway, this type of utility NFT token seems like a promising idea and offers passive income that could be kept into the selling price. 4006 NFTs at an average of say 0.25 ETH, will raise 1000 ETH. That's enough to buy the metaverse land, but it doesn't seem like a lot of NFTs.
The art looks very cool, definitely stands out when I first look at the webpage. The utility part of it and the passive income is interesting and seems like a sustainable model for the long term, but would need to do a bit more research into the project and read through the Discord. Have you seen any red flags yet from the devs?

One immediate thing from me is, how many have access to the vault wallet at the developer side? This needs to be spread out across multiple people and require multiple signatures to access. The devs are also anon, have they said whether they will dox themselves before launch?

Last edited:
The art looks very cool, definitely stands out when I first look at the webpage. The utility part of it and the passive income is interesting and seems like a sustainable model for the long term, but would need to do a bit more research into the project and read through the Discord. Have you seen any red flags yet from the devs?

One immediate thing from me is, how many have access to the vault wallet at the developer side? This needs to be spread out across multiple people and require multiple signatures to access. The devs are also anon, have they said whether they will dox themselves before launch?
Thanks, will look into these points. So many rugs lately.

Thanks, will look into these points. So many rugs lately.
I also read you can't actually rent land in The Sandbox until the end of this year, so until then they will be distributing 5 ETH per month across all holders. I definitely feel like there is time to see how this project goes in the first 6 months after mint before diving in.

A lot of NFT projects now are having low numbers being minted and most look to be headed for the scrap heap.

One project I was following seems to have been abandoned by the developers just before the mint was scheduled on Tuesday. Their Discord is empty and the webpage mint button doesn't work. I suppose that they will lose money if only only say 200 get minted, which they were almost giving away.

I also read you can't actually rent land in The Sandbox until the end of this year, so until then they will be distributing 5 ETH per month across all holders. I definitely feel like there is time to see how this project goes in the first 6 months after mint before diving in.
Thanks BACCS. I am likely to just follow this project at the moment as I like this utility type NFT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back