Speculation Ned Moyle

Remove this Banner Ad

You are mixing together two distinctly different aspects.

I’m not suggesting they did overpay him in terms of salary, but suggesting they didn’t because they only gave up a 2nd round pick is a fundamentally flawed argument.
Flynn was a free agent, therefore the compensation granted was purely depending on his new salary

i think it'd be wise for st kilda to chase him, if rowan marshall goes down their season will be done. they need more talls around the ground to help out their struggling forward line, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucks always move for opportunity particularly where they are promised the number 1 or regular gametime.

He wouldn't cost the world either which would make him a very attractive target. Richmond could probably through one of our later 2nd round picks at him and get it done, maybe a pick in the late 30s.

He'd be the number 1 within 2 seasons and he'd arguably be forcing his way in sooner as number 1 with Nankervis on the gradual decline.
I'd definitely take that.

Probably depends on the longevity of Nank and how his body holds up, but there's definitely the need to chase up another ruckman if someone like Samson Ryan doesn't quite get there. Naismith is a stop-gap measure, and losing Soldo has left a hole in that development. Moyle is pretty much prime for an Yze rebuild team.

Probably depends on the longevity of Nank and how his body holds up, but there's definitely the need to chase up another ruckman if someone like Samson Ryan doesn't quite get there. Naismith is a stop-gap measure, and losing Soldo has left a hole in that development. Moyle is pretty much prime for an Yze rebuild team.
The only thing is he'd probably have to be content that he's not going to replace the current captain as number 1 in his first season, but from 2026 onwards I reckon the number 1 spot would be his. He'd be fighting with Samson Ryan for that number 1 spot after Nank, but if Moyle's good enough which I think he hopes to be, he'd be in that prime position at some point in the next 12-24 months, probably earlier if there's injury or he's good enough.

IMO there's only 2 ways smart clubs pick up rucks, you either trade a 2nd/3rd for someone ready to go about to hit their prime who's stuck behind a number 1, or you take an aging FA/RFA for a couple of years and then rinse and repeat.

Investing in them as 18 year olds is a 4-6 year game and they often end up leaving for more opportunity if they're stuck in the reserves.

Suns would probably take a future pick for him too.

A few clubs will be looking for a ruck so he'll have his pick if he wants to leave - and GC will get decent compensation.

Of course that will also leave GC looking for a back up ruck.

Longer term I suspect their rucks will be Mac Andrew plus some giant. But Mac needs to eat a lot of mac n cheese first.

A few clubs will be looking for a ruck so he'll have his pick if he wants to leave - and GC will get decent compensation.

Of course that will also leave GC looking for a back up ruck.

Longer term I suspect their rucks will be Mac Andrew plus some giant. But Mac needs to eat a lot of mac n cheese first.
Surely they'd keep Andrew in defence and have Read at ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back