Movies of all shapes and sizes!

Remove this Banner Ad

We have one for music, one for TV, where's the one for movies?

For me, my favourite movie would have to be Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Amazingly acted, and a movie that you can connect to easily and that can hit you really hard. But I sometimes have trouble watching it because it hits me too hard.

On the lighter side, I love Mean Girls. That movie is soooo fetch. It's stupid, it's aimed towards teen girls, but from year 12 on I have pretty much hung out exclusively with girls who made me watch this movie :p Also Lindsay Lohan :hearts:

Gotta watch ESOTSM again.. Mean Girls was clever. Linds is a talented gal..wish she'd stop the plastic surgery though..
My guilty pleasure in movies is Clueless. So funny.. Loved "Cher's" driving in that. It reminds me of me. lol. And I believe it features somebody who went on to co-star in Scrubs..
Did love the first Back To The Future Movie.. I wanted a Delorean so bad after that..
A movie that I loved from ages ago is Empire of the Sun. very touching. Christian Bale was still a kid in this..and was in a Japanese interment camp during Ww2.
A somewhat obscure but sweet little movie is Dogfight. Stars River Phoenix..

I have too many favourites to list. :(

My top five though:
1. Inception - can't really split the top three but my man crush on DiCaprio and legitimate crush on Ellen Page gets this one over the line.
2. The Prestige - amazing lesser-known movie. If you haven't seen it and you like those kind of psychological thriller movies, absolutely give it a watch. It's a bit slow to get started and quite a long movie, but it'll blow your mind.
3. The Butterfly Effect - similar description to the above. It's slightly more disturbing though and there are parts that are slightly difficult to watch. Amazing story though. Another that'll blow your mind.
4. Black Swan - Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis. Enough said.
5. X-Men: First Class - Really underrated movie. Loved every second.

Honourable mention to Horrible Bosses. I can reel off more lines of that movie on demand than I'm comfortable admitting. Also Borat.

I have too many favourites to list.[b][/b]
My top five though:
1. Inception - can't really split the top three but my man crush on DiCaprio and legitimate crush on Ellen Page gets this one over the line.
2. The Prestige - amazing lesser-known movie. If you haven't seen it and you like those kind of psychological thriller movies, absolutely give it a watch. It's a bit slow to get started and quite a long movie, but it'll blow your mind.
3. The Butterfly Effect - similar description to the above. It's slightly more disturbing though and there are parts that are slightly difficult to watch. Amazing story though. Another that'll blow your mind.
4. Black Swan - Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis. Enough said.
5. X-Men: First Class - Really underrated movie. Loved every second.

Honourable mention to Horrible Bosses. I can reel off more lines of that movie on demand than I'm comfortable admitting. Also Borat.
BORAT - Ha ha ha ha ha.
classy movie. .. ..

OK, flying the flag for oldER school (not old, as I've not even seen Gone With The Bloody Wind)

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. & Chinatown. Classics, and Jack Nicholson is ultra cool!!
Flying High. Some of the best one liners, and subtle visual gags ever put on celluloid. Every time I watch it, I spot a visual gag I'd previously missed.
Anything Monty Python. My addiction to M.P was not as serious as thought.... turns out it was only a flesh wound.

Relatively recent:-

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. Quite moving.
A Dangerous Method..... Keira Knightley looked great in her Freudian "slip"

Hooroo.....

Loved Flying High. The sort of movie to get u in a good mood and not taking life too seriously..
I like ridiculous movies like that.. At this moment I am watching The Lonely Guy..
Far from a classic. but it's adorable.. cos Steve Martin is so adorable..
He plays a greeting card writer - who writes sympathy cards for people who've lost their pets ! :p
He goes to his little black book after a breakup & there's only one name in it .. lol.

Monty Python's Holy Grail is better than Life of Brian. Anybody who disagrees is just wrong.

"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

Monty Python's Holy Grail is better than Life of Brian. Anybody who disagrees is just wrong.

"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

"Bring me a shrubbery!"

A+SHRUBBERY+_084035babf6e1eeea8b3607bfc61d6fc.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Bring me a shrubbery!"

A+SHRUBBERY+_084035babf6e1eeea8b3607bfc61d6fc.jpg
We are no longer the Knights who say Ni! We are now the Knights who say..

Ecci Ecci Ecci Ptaaang Woopoi mmspsemifrep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back