Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
20 years on BigFooty today!

Started posting when bored at work during my first job, have had a couple of (failed) cracks as moderator and had a great time with some great people along the way including a couple of meet ups!

I believe grimlock and robbieando aren’t far behind me!

Here’s to another 20 years which by that time I am expecting to be able to access BigFooty via thought alone (and have hoverboards).

Congrats! You would've seen lots of changes and increasing popularity of BF. As they say, you're one of the OGs :p

Indeed I have. There weren’t many Swans supporters around these parts in the early days! A much bigger Swans community now which is awesome.

I joined in 2003... I didn't post here much in the beginning as I was a RWO member (still a member!), but I started drifting towards BF as the posters I knew moved on... the community has grown a LOT since those days. This used to be one of the quietest team boards, I never thought I'd see the day when we would have 4 full mods and 2 specs!! Though Buddy's arrival has had a bit to do with that I reckon.

I joined in 2003... I didn't post here much in the beginning as I was a RWO member (still a member!), but I started drifting towards BF as the posters I knew moved on... the community has grown a LOT since those days. This used to be one of the quietest team boards, I never thought I'd see the day when we would have 4 full mods and 2 specs!! Though Buddy's arrival has had a bit to do with that I reckon.
I was a RWO member too prior to BigFooty, particularly when Des was running the place in the old days.
Still pop in there to have a read from time to time.

TheMase

You are a superstar mate. Congrats & a huge thank you for everything you've bought to this place. Like others that have been floating about on here pre '05, you've been the base by which this board is built. I was on here from about 05 onwards (lurking) and appreciate the changes on here from 05 onwards.

You underplay yourself as a Mod but I remember & I remember how impressed I was in how you handled yourself during your modship & how you helped me feel more comfortable here in this place. Despite me not saying anything then, I appreciated it then & I appreciate it now (particularly in retrospect & knowing how hard it can be as a mod).

Your opinion & your knowledge of the club & board is something I respect. You are measured in your posts & thoughtful in your replies. You have a sense of humour (so mustn't be an accountant) & love a good riff... Mate, you're a cracker on here & I'm glad you're here.

Congrats again.

GTG.

(*btw, if you ever want to mod again...)

TheMase

You are a superstar mate. Congrats & a huge thank you for everything you've bought to this place. Like others that have been floating about on here pre '05, you've been the base by which this board is built. I was on here from about 05 onwards (lurking) and appreciate the changes on here from 05 onwards.

You underplay yourself as a Mod but I remember & I remember how impressed I was in how you handled yourself during your modship & how you helped me feel more comfortable here in this place. Despite me not saying anything then, I appreciated it then & I appreciate it now (particularly in retrospect & knowing how hard it can be as a mod).

Your opinion & your knowledge of the club & board is something I respect. You are measured in your posts & thoughtful in your replies. You have a sense of humour (so mustn't be an accountant) & love a good riff... Mate, you're a cracker on here & I'm glad you're here.

Congrats again.

GTG.

(*btw, if you ever want to mod again...)
Thanks for the kind words! :)

And I will pass on being a mod again haha but I was glad I was able to make a contribution a few times.

Other than when I was younger , as an adult I have always watched footy largely by myself. BigFooty has been a huge outlet for me to be able to talk to like minded people. We are like a little community here and it’s awesome.

Thanks for the kind words! :)

And I will pass on being a mod again haha but I was glad I was able to make a contribution a few times.

Other than when I was younger , as an adult I have always watched footy largely by myself. BigFooty has been a huge outlet for me to be able to talk to like minded people. We are like a little community here and it’s awesome.
Same mate! I moved to SA for uni & BF was my place to talk footy... So I feel ya.

What do you reckon has been the best thread mate? I'll get it rolling again...

Same mate! I moved to SA for uni & BF was my place to talk footy... So I feel ya.

Haha to be honest I have absolutely no idea. Every now and again someone likes a post of mine from a long long time ago and I look at it and go “did I really say that?” with no recollection of it 😂

I always seem to have a pretty good memory when I’ve been right though 🤔 😂

But no favourite threads really, but I enjoy trade time. All the speculation and whatnot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine joining the board a time when the World Trade Centre was still standing, Paul Roos had yet to coach a Swans game, Essendon were the reigning premiers and some current mods were still in pre-school.

You've been part of the fabric of this community for almost as long as its existed and still to this day produce quality posts on the daily.

Fine effort TheMase 👍

Haha to be honest I have absolutely no idea. Every now and again someone likes a post of mine from a long long time ago and I look at it and go “did I really say that?” with no recollection of it 😂

I always seem to have a pretty good memory when I’ve been right though 🤔 😂

But no favourite threads really, but I enjoy trade time. All the speculation and whatnot.
Oh no... not the trade & hypothetical thread?! Please... god no!!!

Personally the 2012 GF ticketing thread brought the best out of this board.

We all worked together to ensure as many of those on the board without tickets could get to the game as possible. Think only two or three missed out in the end that were able to get to (or were in) Melbourne.

Then we had that Hawks supporter pose as a Swan to obtain tickets of a board member and this board banded together to ensure we could get the tickets back. So a thread close to my heart.

Love reading the 05 and 12 GF match threads as well.

Personally the 2012 GF ticketing thread brought the best out of this board.

We all worked together to ensure as many of those on the board without tickets could get to the game as possible. Think only two or three missed out in the end that were able to get to (or were in) Melbourne.

Then we had that Hawks supporter pose as a Swan to obtain tickets of a board member and this board banded together to ensure we could get the tickets back. So a thread close to my heart.

Love reading the 05 and 12 GF match threads as well.
I remember that tix thread too!

I love this club... and this board is an extension of that. No matter the tripe, we are here for the same reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back