Toast Michael Walters

Remove this Banner Ad

A very special player and bloody glad we have him but, rightly or wrongly, his reputation will be tarnished slightly by always staging for free kicks.
Disagree. That’s helped him on a few occasions, but tell me a forward that hasn’t.

Last edited:
Sonny has to be involved in the clubs next podcast. He's such a loveable guy and clearly has love for his family, the club and life in general. Also got a really good speaking style and a really funny guy too!

who has horrible memories of the Derby where Son Son went down in the first quarter and then a neanderthal set fire to his jumper?

he should have been banned for life

Very sad to see that he has fallen off a cliff the last three weeks. Unable to compete, can't get to any contests. I know he's been written off before but if he's not carrying an injury, his time is nigh.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very sad to see that he has fallen off a cliff the last three weeks. Unable to compete, can't get to any contests. I know he's been written off before but if he's not carrying an injury, his time is nigh.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is sad, and depending on how we go on the next 4-6 weeks, will depend on if he is playing in the 2nd half of the season

Reality is he prob is as we have little in the cupboard - delean maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s given me some of my favourite Freo memories, but time to send him off into the sunset - the pace of the game has gone past him.
Thanks for all the freakish, classy moments

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He’s given me some of my favourite Freo memories, but time to send him off into the sunset - the pace of the game has gone past him.
Thanks for all the freakish, classy moments

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He needs a rest, or just play him at home if his form warrants it.
I’m really worried when Walters, Fyfe, JOM run out of time. We have no one
ready to come in.
It appears our fortunes are aligned with JLo saving his job, rather than looking at the bigger picture.

He needs a rest, or just play him at home if his form warrants it.
I’m really worried when Walters, Fyfe, JOM run out of time. We have no one
ready to come in.

It appears our fortunes are aligned with JLo saving his job, rather than looking at the bigger picture.
Incorrect, Brodie, Chapman, Simpson, Davies, and Stanley are all putting pressure on the 22. Freddie and Switta will be back this week too.

The most simple solution is to drop Walters and debut Simpson.

Incorrect, Brodie, Chapman, Simpson, Davies, and Stanley are all putting pressure on the 22. Freddie and Switta will be back this week too.

The most simple solution is to drop Walters and debut Simpson.

Player for player, Simpson in for Walters is an easy decision. Simpson has shown a lot and will offer more than Walters in current form.

Chapman back adds a lot of class and contested strength. Keen to see him play!

He still has something to offer, just needs a role that doesn't need him to get into space on short notice, or get behind his opponent and beat them back to goal, or take a leaping mark.

He should be in the pocket waiting for a crumb, or up at the ball for a handball receive to use that kick to be creative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is still playing decent % game time - 87%, 80%, 84%, 85%, 82%, 82% - I just wonder if we try and tag team him with a Cooper Simpson or Jack Delean (who I see more as his successor but is probably not ready yet) and reduce those %s but try and get more out of the time he is on the field, whilst developing up the next generation?

He is still playing decent % game time - 87%, 80%, 84%, 85%, 82%, 82% - I just wonder if we try and tag team him with a Cooper Simpson or Jack Delean (who I see more as his successor but is probably not ready yet) and reduce those %s but try and get more out of the time he is on the field, whilst developing up the next generation?
He always seems to have a taller quicker defender on him these days. He must be used to it but it is probably getting harder with age.
If we can absorb the bench time, I guess it is possible.

He always seems to have a taller quicker defender on him these days. He must be used to it but it is probably getting harder with age.
If we can absorb the bench time, I guess it is possible.

Agree he gets some pretty overpowering defenders....

I am a fan of Erasmus but I don't know that with four already settled inside centre mids that he is good value for the side in other positions atm. Less of a fan of O'Meara but same deal. Just think we should be able to put aside one of their spots so that we could play another forward to rotate with Walters.

He still has something to offer, just needs a role that doesn't need him to get into space on short notice, or get behind his opponent and beat them back to goal, or take a leaping mark.

He should be in the pocket waiting for a crumb, or up at the ball for a handball receive to use that kick to be creative.
You are right and crumbing is something we don’t do well
The Longmuire game plan expects Walters to run end to end non stop plus get constantly annihilated in uneven match ups
Big ask at his age when there are other alternatives.

Agree he gets some pretty overpowering defenders....

I am a fan of Erasmus but I don't know that with four already settled inside centre mids that he is good value for the side in other positions atm. Less of a fan of O'Meara but same deal. Just think we should be able to put aside one of their spots so that we could play another forward to rotate with Walters.
The answer is Simpson

Deadset Legend! Bleeds purple and probably thought his body had another season in it. I am of the opinion he will call time this season and play his last game at home. Will be a very sad day :(

This is where I don’t mind what Beverage does. He drops underperforming experienced players…

The risk is they get dropped and don’t recover. If they don’t, then they probably don’t deserve to be best 22.

The unwavering support of players who put in 20% good performances and 80% trash is they are more often contributing to a loss than a win.

We are not ruthless enough. Sonny should be getting dropped based on playing 1 good game this year. I know he is a legend of the club but ruthless clubs win premierships at the end of the day.

There's not justifiable reason to pick him.

In the last 3 fixtures he's tallied a total of 19 possessions, 13 of which have been effective, taken two marks, none inside 50, had five turnovers, kicked two goals and lodged 1 1%er.

All from 83% TOG across the 3 fixtures.

Not a genuine outfit whilst we carry performances like this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back