Medical questions for Rors

Remove this Banner Ad

I will accept I was wrong when JOM plays his 51st game for Hawthorn, given I said numerous times that if he does make it back I doubt he plays another 40-50 career games.....

No doubt you'll be still around just to remind me.... :rolleyes:

And just so we're clear, it is currently the PRESEASON, you do realise that JOM hasn't played an AFL game yet right?

You couldnt find the quotes?? Yep it's what I thought.

I think most people will see that he will play 40-50 games unless he gets some sort of injury (and not his previous one).

Pre season or not, he is still tackling getting tackled so I don't see your point. A game is a game yea??

I don't know who you're referring to as "we", but be sure to leave me and all other reasonably minded people out of this collective.

You're on the attack, regarding O'Meara, from a sample size of n=2. Hell, not even 2. You're waving about the fact that O'Meara made it through two highly managed preseason games unscathed as if it disproves anything that has been said. Unless Rors ever said the O'Meara won't play more than one preseason game without injury, then nothing has been proven wrong. The more you try to push this point, the more you're exposing your clear lack of understanding of this topic, and how bereft you are of logical thought.

I'm referring to we as the supporters of this club in if Freeman was currently playing like JOM I would be over the moon, managed game time or not.

I just simply asked Rors a question on what his
thoughts are if you go back and read my original post.

All of a sudden all these smart arse comments start flying out like I hit a nerve with people :rolleyes:

Please if Nathan Freeman played like him in the JTL series thus far, we would be backing him for the Brownlow and norm smith.

Way too early to make definitive judgements is all I'm saying. Im not calling Freeman a success unless he can play the majority of the season, and the same goes for JOM. Pre season is exactly that...nowhere near the intensity it will be.

I'm referring to we as the supporters of this club in if Freeman was currently playing like JOM I would be over the moon, managed game time or not.

I just simply asked Rors a question on what his
thoughts are if you go back and read my original post.

All of a sudden all these smart arse comments start flying out like I hit a nerve with people :rolleyes:
There's only one person trying to be a smart arse & it's obvious to everyone else on here that it's not me.....

The only one on this board who seems to actually give a s**t if JOM plays some games this year is you.

Yeah, I was against getting him. So were many other supporters from many other clubs, as well as medicos from many other clubs.

You should write them an email & tell them they were wrong, instead of wasting your time trying to 'get one up' on me

For starters, you have achilles tendinopathy. If your physio calls it tendonitis, see someone who actually stays abreast of medical research.

Secondly, I also have this condition and what Rors said, the eccentric drops, will help you substantially whilst calf raises will just **** you further.

Also shin splints are likely a sign of foot pronation. You may need orthotics.

Well the physio said to do the exercises
Standing Calf raises on one foot just body weight against the wall
OK so basically stand on something raised and drop down but only come back to horizontal??
And foam roll like Rors said in original post
Gotcha
Thanks lads

Yep I echo the sentiments of who gives a heck. Majority of clubs agreed it was a big risk, it still is a big risk, and a couple half preseason games means s**t all.
In all honesty, I hope O'meara actually proves everyone wrong and gets back up to his pre-injury heights, because he was going to be a joy to watch. (I also hope he doesn't win a premiership with the Hawks :p )

There's only one person trying to be a smart arse & it's obvious to everyone else on here that it's not me.....

The only one on this board who seems to actually give a s**t if JOM plays some games this year is you.

Yeah, I was against getting him. So were many other supporters from many other clubs, as well as medicos from many other clubs.

You should write them an email & tell them they were wrong, instead of wasting your time trying to 'get one up' on me

No worries Dr Nick I will write them All and email and tell them on the back of some strong advice from the saints board please don't select any player that have had a previous injury :rolleyes:

No worries Dr Nick I will write them All and email and tell them on the back of some strong advice from the saints board please don't select any player that have had a previous injury :rolleyes:
If it makes you feel better, I didnt want us to get Nathan Freeman....

And I'm pretty sure JOM nominated Hawthorn, not StKilda.... So again, I'm not quite sure what youre so upset at me about. Like I said & will say again, I didnt think he'd play another 40-50 AFL games & still dont think he will. I dont think a knee with that kind of history will be able to stand up to the rigors of games week-in-week-out through a H&A season

But lets move on.... Deal?

I'm not sure why you would think I'm upset? I agree with you on freeman, I didn't mind him coming to us but thought we overpaid consider his circumstances at the time.

He did end up nominating the hawks but from what I recall we were No.1 until we cooled our interest in him for whatever reason (injury possibly).

Done deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I know is that, if (or when) JOM breaks down once more, Rors won't be strutting around the place and gloating. Conversely, JOM makes it through two highly managed scratch matches and we see this sordid display.

DarkSaint if you had even the faintest idea about the concept of quoted timeframes and likelihood of return to occupation after injury, then you wouldn't be embarrassing yourself as you are now. In fact, you don't even need this knowledge; you just need a modicum of rational thought. What you're saying now is akin to passing flatulence at the exact moment an earthquake hits, and then proclaiming to the masses that your gastrointestinal activity is, quite literally, earth-shattering (instead of merely being the source from which you have posted in this thread). There are degrees of evidence required to support a position, and 2 games does not evidence make.

I am all for open discussion with varying opinions, but your position is untenable, and you are objectively wrong to hold it.

All I know is that, if (or when) JOM breaks down once more, Rors won't be strutting around the place and gloating. Conversely, JOM makes it through two highly managed scratch matches and we see this sordid display.

DarkSaint if you had even the faintest idea about the concept of quoted timeframes and likelihood of return to occupation after injury, then you wouldn't be embarrassing yourself as you are now. In fact, you don't even need this knowledge; you just need a modicum of rational thought. What you're saying now is akin to passing flatulence at the exact moment an earthquake hits, and then proclaiming to the masses that your gastrointestinal activity is, quite literally, earth-shattering (instead of merely being the source from which you have posted in this thread). There are degrees of evidence required to support a position, and 2 games does not evidence make.

I am all for open discussion with varying opinions, but your position is untenable, and you are objectively wrong to hold it.
I stopped reading at 'All I know'... Because you know absolute tripe! :)

Ok this guy is a walking talking thesaurus lol

So, Rors, if a guy has had the rusty knife on Monday, I know he's not meant to lift anything heavy for about 10 days. But if he had a situation where he'd HAD to, say, the Thursday after... And then pulled his transverse abdominus muscle... And it is really, really sore, from the groin to the waist... What should be do?

Hypothetically...

Asking for a friend... maybe...

Er...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back