Matthew Egan

Fast Facts

Jumper No: 19
Height: 196 cm
Weight: 101 kg
DOB: 10 July 1983
Recruited From: Geelong VFL

Re: No. 19 Matthew Egan

Matty just keeps getting better and better. His overhead skills are phenomenal for someone who has been playing the game for only a few years (and that is including underage football).

I can see him playing many years in the Blue and White.

AFL Round 11 v Adelaide
With Harley playing better today, Egan wasn't needed so much. Was up forward for a lot of the today mostly rotating on and off the bench with N Ablett, but couldn't leave an impact

I'm sposed to be Egan watch-guy so better post something. :D

R12 v Brisbane Lions

Stats: 18 disposals, 9 kicks, 9 handballs, 4 marks, 3 tackles

Egan was terrific on the weekend as usual, stood the standout CHF in the game in Brown, kept him to two goals (one freakish and the other a soccer off the ground). I put MEgan in the votes I did. My favourite MEgan moment was when he spoils the ball away and followed up with a smother and got it going our way.

MEgan is playing his 50th game next week. :thumbsu:Hoorah:thumbsu:

Seek and destroy MEgan!!

Good article on him today

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/cat-and-mouse/2007/08/11/1186530681572.html

Cat and mouse

Martin Blake | August 12, 2007

MATTHEW Egan sneaked up on Geelong, which is just as he would have liked it. In modern football, the recruiting path is well-worn. From the under 18s to national junior titles to draft camps and hi-tech performance analysis, it is highly sophisticated. But Egan, picked at No. 62 in the national draft after two seasons kicking around in the VFL, came in through the back door.
READ MORE HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back