Mates b'day vs eagles match vs Asia cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
I'm in a a lot of trouble. I have a mates b'day saturday night which i said i would attend without realising it clashes with the eagles match. The socceroos play japan in the Asian cup and i want to watch that too. But how can I possibly miss Cousins return against our biggest rival of the last few years?

Help me decide folks!

Alot of bdays on tomorrow or what. Sheesh. I told my mate to get stuffed. My mate will be there tomorrow (I hope, when hes drunk though...) Sydney v West Coast, Cuzzs return wont be there. Its not like me being there or not will actually matter in the end. 1 person of about 50 isnt gonna change a thing. Ill go over there tomorrow and do the rituals. Be selfish. Weigh up at which place you will have more fun at and go there.

Footy always comes first. I love footy. I dont love my mate however :D

Spare a thought for my mum though guys. She had a wedding to go too on Grand Final day 2005. Luckily I wasnt invited.

Watch the Eagles and then go to Party. Going to be one of the biggest games ever tomorrow. A true friend would understand your decision.

Birthdays are a dime a dozen

I'm gonna try and do the treble, dunno if i'll pull it off.

Going mates place for his b'day, but i'll watch the soccer match while at his place. He has massive TV, no doubt there will be a few of us who will sneak off to catch the game (being wogs and all :D )

Get home and watch the eagles - swans replay at 1.30am. If I don't hear the result beforehand its as good as watching it live.

love the socceroos as much as anyone....flew over in 05 for the qualifier...but easy decision b/w that and the eagles game...cuzzy returns, vs swannies, must win, biggest game of the year....absolute no brainer!

as for your mate....he he doesnt understand he's not a true friend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get this, I've got my girfriend's going away dinner at 6pm, I was hoping to go somewhere where both games were showing, but I'll have to be giving my attention to her not sport :(

Must of sucked for you then larrkin. They were flashing the soccer scores on screen all night. I ended up going to my mates party because he had it at his brothers place instead last minute because his neighbours were gonna make a complaint. His bro only lives 20 mins away so it seemed alot more reasonable.

After seeing Cuzzs return and Staker touching the stars but not the ball Im happy with my choice :)

Must of sucked for you then larrkin. They were flashing the soccer scores on screen all night. I ended up going to my mates party because he had it at his brothers place instead last minute because his neighbours were gonna make a complaint. His bro only lives 20 mins away so it seemed alot more reasonable.

After seeing Cuzzs return and Staker touching the stars but not the ball Im happy with my choice :)
I managed to avoid most of them - got excited when I saw us 1-0 up. Had to keep pulling the radio out of my ear too because the kept crossing back to the studio for scores.

Worst bit was, we went back to my place, watched it (until about 1am) and they bloody lost, and on penalties. Should have gone to the party in Freo and hit the piss.....

At least u guys had a choice in what you watched.

At the uni campus where i stay the 30 or so people from japan out voted the one eagles supporter on what we watched on the big screen.

Dont worry, soon there will be 3 Eagles supporters and 1 forced Eagles supporter that no one will mess with :thumbsu: :D

I stupidly organised MY OWN birthday celebrations for tonight, not realising we were playing on a Friday night.

Hopefully the pub I'm going to is showing the footy, otherwise I will be late to my own birthday.

Or you will be by yourself ;)

I stupidly organised MY OWN birthday celebrations for tonight, not realising we were playing on a Friday night.

Hopefully the pub I'm going to is showing the footy, otherwise I will be late to my own birthday.

Happy Bday Fivey whenever it is/was.

Dummy. :)

How close was the friend?

For me, if the friend is really close. I would have to record it, but make sure I don't hear anything about the score until I get home :D. Its pretty hard, especially if some of your friends support the opposition.

Last week (bulldogs), I watched half and then recorded it, because I had an indoor soccer game. Should have got "injured". :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back