Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
Launceston FC 2011 - thoughts

Hey guys,

Been living in WA for 8 years and just got home so thought I'd head down to see the boys play South Launceston on Sunday.

All I ca say is wow, they play some great football. Sure it wasn't against the best team going around but it was blowing a gale, a few showers added to an already wet ground and it was bloody freezing!!

The things that stand out for me are;
- They spread so well, especially when they win the ball in defence and switch to the open side
- The above comment wouldn't work if their skills weren't up to scratch and they are pretty bloody good for a TSL team. Time after time they would hit targets from 40-50m and was followed up with fantastic marking.

I haven't seen any other teams/games as yet but hopefully I'll get to a few more to compare.

Players that really impressed were
Tim Bristow
Will Campbell
Marjek Miar (anyone know his age?? Could develop into a fantastic prospect as he has a massive leap and takes a good grab)

Re: Launceston FC 2011 - thoughts

Marjek Miar (anyone know his age?? Could develop into a fantastic prospect as he has a massive leap and takes a good grab)

13/9/1988 according to the footy record.

Obviously the youngest brother Tour had a shot at the Mariners program last year, but I don't think Marjak had the same exposure 3 or 4 years ago. Agree with you though, he's an exciting player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back