Review Lawn Mowers

Remove this Banner Ad

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ok, well this is not the most exciting topic.

But just for anyone that might be interested, I love my power tools even though I work in a suit like many of us.

Right. I have had a few mowers last 10 years and all have their merit. Briggs and Stratton Motors, Masport 4 stroke, Victa 2 stroke. All $500 type mowers.

Well I bought a Honda (massive special being a one off with no box etc as a return admittedly due to change of mind). Well over a grand RRP.

It's awesome. Just so much better than anything I've experienced I highly recommend to anyone with heaps of lawn (like I do being a Tassie boy) as they are a step above. Well worth paying more for especially if using every week like I do.

Happy to hear opinions!! (even if none, which is likely, i'm wrapped...ha)

Yep, Honda has always been the Rolls Royce of lawnmowers (assuming there are no actual Rolls Royce lawnmowers :p ). They're worth a lot of money, and like a lot of things, you get what you pay for.

Though I'm against using them for the sake of it. Whenever I've had a big night, the c*** next door is always out using his mower or f*****g around outside.

Yep, Honda has always been the Rolls Royce of lawnmowers (assuming there are no actual Rolls Royce lawnmowers :p ). They're worth a lot of money, and like a lot of things, you get what you pay for.

Though I'm against using them for the sake of it. Whenever I've had a big night, the c*** next door is always out using his mower or f*****g around outside.

Really in bold? Never heard of that before as "Briggs and Stratton" is all I ever heard. That's great if the case as that is how it feels. Built so well.

The others have been ok/great, im not bragging, sort of last forever but nothing like the quality of this Honda beast I luckily came across.

Sunday morning is my mowing and brush cutter time. You would hate me too :p

Yeah, I had a VIP gardening/mowing franchise many moons ago Saintly31 & Honda's were the preferred weapon of choice for most guys.

First start special, never broke down and pretty quiet as well.

You can't beat em.

Yeah, I had a VIP gardening/mowing franchise many moons ago Saintly31 & Honda's were the preferred weapon of choice for most guys.

First start special, never broke down and pretty quiet as well.

You can't beat em.

Yep. This thing starts so easy it's ridiculous!

Plus it just feels better? Not sure why, it just does. Sort of like going from an Audi to a Ford sort of feel. (and I love Fords as I have one, just the feel of quality I mean)

Thanks for reply Grogg. You know way more than I obviously so thanks for the post. Mine's only a base model I think but i'm wrapped.

Good description Ford to an Audi :thumbsu:

Just as an aside Mitsubishi made the best brush cutters in my experience.

Like the Honda's, you pay a bit more but well worth the extra coin.

I'll remember that!

I have a Rover brushy at moment. Bit overly hard to start, need to go back and forth on toggles but I get there but it hammers when fires up (more so that my Stihl which was easy to start but lack power a little), so yeah, thanks for advice.

Will go there next time when my Rover gives up (hopefully not soon. I find the line trimmers a total waste of time. Total. Need a blade)

I'll remember that!

I have a Rover brushy at moment. Bit overly hard to start, need to go back and forth on toggles but I get there but it hammers when fires up (more so that my Stihl which was easy but lack power a little), so yeah, thanks for advice.

Will go there next time when my Rover gives up (hopefully not soon. I find the line trimmers a total waste of time. Total. Need a blade)
My Mitsubishi had both.

Interchangeable head.

My Mitsubishi had both.

Interchangeable head.

Yep. My Rover does also. Was not that expensive but it's good quality (not Honda like but ok).

I just find the trimmer attachment (and I had a Ryobi one - wow was that s**t. Replace the cord ten times a minute. Designed for tiny properties and grass only) just not required. Its more gentle yes but the blade to me kills everything I want and I can trim by hand for the rest.

Yep. My Rover does also. Was not that expensive but it's good quality (not Honda like but ok).

I just find the trimmer attachment (and I had a Ryobi one - wow was that s**t. Replace the cord ten times a minute. Designed for tiny properties and grass only) just not required. Its more gentle yes but the blade to me kills everything I want and I can trim by hand for the rest.
Try the green square edged cord.

Solid as * man.

Try the green square edged cord.

Solid as **** man.

Thanks. Will do.

I had a quality yellow square edge but it still snaps when it hits my rock edging. My blade just skims it (fireworks yes) and can keep working and then just sharpen/fix later. So yep, thanks again.

I have an awesome Honda brush cutter, barely past an idle and it hooks in wonderfully. As for a mower, I had an Impreza that had done about 400k so jumped on a Subaru powered Ryobi mower. The handle is a little meh, but it runs like a dream 👍👍

I have an awesome Honda brush cutter, barely past an idle and it hooks in wonderfully. As for a mower, I had an Impreza that had done about 400k so jumped on a Subaru powered Ryobi mower. The handle is a little meh, but it runs like a dream 👍👍
ppppffft, thats not a mower,

toro 72" cut,

ADCreHf93QzkO18sCjhuIlLGcwr3Vg3CHQs-rXPFYjAPoC11BAy_ewQUOrsSrcU2kChmT916Ma3ZzgCZ_BoHbsqkEOR4GdqzyvS8eiAJUHdFqAdUzShaU7Ajp4-kXt9Z44Mh057XYVeqVLZ6cJAkiIiaL59Thp0ZQLENuLTT5oxX6jgC0lv3xPj66CwL06wYup4CRIL3JWm_wwtncpGQxDY3gdK_b9Znn2IcWSyOclqka5BDWz63LPxWKjXsiYFD8j49gGT0qijkywqQCH6aXlaD35aaxCSPCErr3dcUXU88h8hnDYjKL2u1TeT33LOi2axcOmXUtmLaW-AC7h9i-weODLhe7wKnsYybKKwCjMf5mj36wWsIGuSwprp5xJCw5sfJtd_cuk4G3MQcAsXzFUyqOxYk9c33AjdvgGkRiU9Kc2wXFoAOPviUN52ZQr3Rfq_qGZqfwY_JQ2EQ45mVq7kebpyg9pwrq8JmlSSCLFOmSn-aGarSYWwzFLo0hPpFX0mT0jopfZrJcENF4XyFcx8dv4J-9nFmekFmYjwNy8gdayvWomrH2h8Y1eVMDX844Vjoh4Qp_xyVdLlQpwZFlyNY4Z6J77F5F8VmTooNhaxPFOmLd14qxPGzENfkLYBfgmGOH3B3qSs0Wv0QGe3fy4P0su_FfDuguE-OBb-9kn0W8F_wMDpYKx8lfV8k_fZeOJvvoF4iEpAWUpR-es1ZAuHXTJFl7ou7wiyyFIZzl7utXnC44_lc8m-n_RgXDweG6JUzAVraNsBHSZS5sAD2bQOdUMzeHsUXN2u_lpFJ2wkBVKCIutqj8792X8dqVX4nYtMu6SgCrByrw9S2CMGgpe_ActPlj9FuqDRp_Nja03SVKDid1dVeWnZ5kvFod8JJS4yX9EiX7KK8q7HSoVsEK-VDhhPZOQU=w1717-h1288-s-no-gm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back