John Steffenson

Remove this Banner Ad

I was there with my son. It was fantastic!

He actually sought out the English athlete later on. I initial saw him snub and thought "that was a bit rude".

I loved his race and his celebration and the fact that he can back up what he talks. His time puts him right up there in Olympic Times, so here's hoping to a medal in China.

I think he's fantastic. He's got a great attitude and sense of fun and humour. I think he'd be nice to anyone, not a bit up himself. So looking forward to the relay tomorrow. He's done a lot for the image of Australian athletics. Would love to see him up against the Americans, etc.

Sporty Spice said:
He actually sought out the English athlete later on. I initial saw him snub and thought "that was a bit rude".

I loved his race and his celebration and the fact that he can back up what he talks. His time puts him right up there in Olympic Times, so here's hoping to a medal in China.

He wouldn't need to improve that much to be a real candidiate in the Olympics. I don't mind his attitude at all but agree he could have at least acknowledged the athlete from England.

Curly5 said:
I think he's fantastic. He's got a great attitude and sense of fun and humour. I think he'd be nice to anyone, not a bit up himself. So looking forward to the relay tomorrow. He's done a lot for the image of Australian athletics. Would love to see him up against the Americans, etc.

We haven't had a great male track athlete except for Mottram for a while but I think this guy might be the the one to win the gold medal.

OldSchool said:
He wouldn't need to improve that much to be a real candidiate in the Olympics.

He would a bit. The best 400m runner in the world is a whitey who will break Michael Johnson's world record before Beijing (Johnson coaches him actually). Other American runners are low-mid 44's - this was Steffensen's first sub45 race. He can improve but can he find 3/4 of a second without his rivals improving? Hmmm...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back