Player Watch Jake Soligo - Showdown Medalist!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rachele is in his third year and has played majority of his football in the forward area. Comparison with Murphy who reached 100 games (how I don't know) is chalk and cheese - Rachele is streets ahead.

A forward averaging 15 possessions is not bad at all - most of his stats are AFL above average, the criticism is unwarranted.

And Soligo will be a star.
The criticism isn't of Rachele, it is that Rachele playing where he is is a massive waste.

Interesting to go back and read everyone's thoughts on the initial draft choice. He appears to be a perfect example of a Haggis special. I'm starting to think we need two draft teams, one that works in the first round and Haggis can have all the picks after pick 30 or so.

Interesting to go back and read everyone's thoughts on the initial draft choice. He appears to be a perfect example of a Haggis special. I'm starting to think we need two draft teams, one that works in the first round and Haggis can have all the picks after pick 30 or so.
Have suggested this! 👍

Aren't we due for your 10th name change? How about Hyperbole for Likes
How is it hyperbole?

It is your exact position, as you've stated previously: An early injury sub doesn't happen often. Therefore Nicks' decision warranted.

I implied he got better each week from round 1 which is in line with players returning to football from injury. It was a direct response to Scorpus smart ass comment from the round 1 discussion around Soligo.

No doubt he got more midfield time and that also contributed to his form swing.

See this is just silly and I have discussed this many times.

This is what makes you so frustrating. Its a Strawman comment and something that you and your little click love to do.

Here it is again. He wasn't 100% fit entering into RD 1. This is an assumption because he missed a chunk of time (you say less than two weeks - I say at least 24 days), the head coach mentioned it prior to round 1 and because we have one of the best Sports Performance guys in the entire world of sports managing our players. Now once more - I think they made him sub - not JUST because he couldn't play round 1, but because it was grueling conditions away and we had a 6 day break so Nicks made an informed decision and it wasn't a bad one.

This is professional sport. There are degrees of match fitness. I don't know how you cannot understand that.
We can consistently afford to only give Crouch less than 70% TOG per week, surely we could have given that to Soligo in round 1. Right now I’d rate him the better midfielder of the 2.

How is it hyperbole?

It is your exact position, as you've stated previously: An early injury sub doesn't happen often. Therefore Nicks' decision warranted.

My bad - for this particular reference - sarcastic assh0le was probably more relevant.

The Hyperbole probably applies to

fights his way back from a debilitating ankle injury that no player has ever had before.

But lets just skip over that and look for the cheap likes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have suggested this! 👍

Shame, but there’s no evidence Hamish is at league average after 30 either

We just assume other teams never hit late or in the rookie draft, so every win we get is like a miracle; but the fact is lots of teams hit just as much or more later than us too

Every team has unexpected wins, and Soligo is a rare win. But it says nothing about whether we even have as many as other teams, let alone more

Shame, but there’s no evidence Hamish is at league average after 30 either

We just assume other teams never hit late or in the rookie draft, so every win we get is like a miracle; but the fact is lots of teams hit just as much or more later than us too

Every team has unexpected wins, and Soligo is a rare win. But it says nothing about whether we even have as many as other teams, let alone more
If we can just get him out of the first two rounds it’s a win for me!

Maybe then we'd focus on how good they are at football and not how good their family is

From a couple of years back. Think we’re on the same page 👍

Just been listening to a really good podcast, of the the type that just doesn’t exist for AFL.

The Athletic football show interviewing Dante Scarnecchia - who’s been an institution in the NFL coaching on the NE Patriots offensive line for 34 years. He’s now retired and was sharing some scouting insights

When asked the biggest change over that time, at the end rather than the beginning, in how he evaluated players - he said he stopped asking players about what books they read in college, what their favourite interests were: he just focused on football stuff. He asked football questions and tried to understand their football knowledge & how they processed football related stuff.

Think this might be music to the ears of one Drugs Are Bad Mackay?

From a couple of years back. Think we’re on the same page 👍
Yep definitely the way it should be. As long as they’re not a complete degenerate in the Laurence Angwin mold, I want talent above all else.

Our failed approach instead has got us kids who aren’t actually any good, don’t even really like footy, or ran really far this one time…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back