News & Rules It's open

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith obviously a no brainer. Steven in my team for now, but needs to show something come NAB (has a calf niggle currently and is just running away from the main group)

Really hate the mids this year, hard to pick.

Just gone Dunks, Zerrett, Danger, Oliver and Adams for now

Staying wide away from all the injury prone and overpriced GWS flogs aside from Ward who's just on my shortlist, though I think Ward might be a better SC/AFLF pick as I've got 4 midpricers/subpremiums in other areas. Taranto the only other one I might consider.

DEF: Lloyd, Crisp, Doc, Houston, 4 rookies

MID: Dunks, Zerrett, Danger, Oliver, Adams, Rowell + 5 rookies

RUC: Grawndy

FWD: Dusty, Heeney, Devdog, Steven, Rankine + 3 others

Smith obviously a no brainer. Steven in my team for now, but needs to show something come NAB (has a calf niggle currently and is just running away from the main group)

Staying wide away from all the injury prone and overpriced GWS flogs aside from Ward who's just on my shortlist, though I think Ward might be a better SC/AFLF pick as I've got 4 midpricers/subpremiums in other areas. Taranto the only other one I might consider.

I had Steven in my initial squad but calf injuries for the over 30's can be hard to fully recover from and they also have a nasty habit of re-occurring. Although, it was more the article I read today stating that he would most likely start as a forward that has made me reconsider his position.
If Cockatoo gets through to round 1 his value & potential is too good to refuse as is Hill's. Forward line also includes Dusty, Heeney, Smith obviously and Rankine. Defenders currently sit at Lloyd, Laird, Doc, Birchall, Roberton and Doedee. Some risk taking here but if you play it totally safe you are destined for mid ground.
There are so many options in the middle that there will be few teams that have the same starting 5-6 elite mids. I've currently got Macrae, Dunks, Gaff, Cogs, Brayshaw and Hannerbery. The inclusions Melbourne made during the trade period should allow Brayshaw to go back to what he was doing in 2018. If Hanners can get his body right, I'm expecting a 95+ average which will made him a perfect stepping stone to an elite mid. He could even remain as M9.
Rucks are Grundy and NicNat (who will most likely become Gawn after the byes).
It all seems so sensible to me now , yet I wonder how many of them will still be in my squad come round 1.

I'm looking at forwards around the 500k mark. Initially I just put Jack Steven in, but is Toby McLean a chance to go 90+ again? Anyone considering Acres, who could be playing Langdon's role?

What do you see Adams averaging? And can we get 20+ games out of him?

I'm looking at forwards around the 500k mark. Initially I just put Jack Steven in, but is Toby McLean a chance to go 90+ again? Anyone considering Acres, who could be playing Langdon's role?

At $500,000 I'm looking at young players who can push to greater heights and avoiding injury return players. Keep that for your Doedee's, Roberton's and Hill's at and around $300,000.

At this stage and subject to any number of changes I have Connor Rozee, Andrew Brayshaw and Chad Wingard in that range in my forward line. I only have Lachie Whitfield as an uber premium. No one else in the $600,000 + range in the forwards screams pick me.

What do you see Adams averaging? And can we get 20+ games out of him?
Apparently no Beams will mean more mid time

Correct on durability though, I'm never sold on his durability but his potential is too great for me not to have a look at him at his price

If he gets injured, then all well, trade

I'm absolutely not going anywhere near him at a 105+ avg price though. Same reasons why I rarely consider Josh Kelly (I considered Kelly for the first time last year, only for him to have a limited preseason and miss the start of the season, which sees him as just an upgrade target when my team is completed)

Not sold on Toby atm

Feel Lipinski has his midfield/high half forward minutes now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2020 RDT competition is finally open.
:p :) :)
No changes from last year's rules.
Happy New Year Coots.
A few things....
1. This is the year I finally win a $50 case of beer from you with a higher total RDT score by seasons end.
2. As the reigning BigFooty RDT Division 3 champion I'm seeking a promotion to Division 2 this year.

Happy New Year Coots.
A few things....
1. This is the year I finally win a $50 case of beer from you with a higher total RDT score by seasons end.
2. As the reigning BigFooty RDT Division 3 champion I'm seeking a promotion to Division 2 this year.
HaHa. :D :p
You are dreaming again Dicky. There aren't many certanties in life but this is one of them. I'm getting thirsty already.

Hi Lads,

Interested in thoughts on Brad Ebert as a forward - seems to have injuries last year but surely good value at that price if he plays a full season. Concussion still a risk?

Hi Lads,

Interested in thoughts on Brad Ebert as a forward - seems to have injuries last year but surely good value at that price if he plays a full season. Concussion still a risk?
Not sure Peaky. He's only had an average beyond the 80s once in the past 4 years and he is currently priced at 80. Don't necessarily see why he's going to jump out this year with a 100+ average.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back