Modern Day Event Is the mainstream media trying to normalize/decriminalize pedophilia?

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt it. The mainstream media is much more interested in making money than it is pushing political agendas.

Pedophiles continue to make big headlines (and resulting viewers/clicks) so I doubt they are planning to "normalize" it any time soon.

That slippery slope I've mentioned before.
Same here.

Hypothetically, if I had a longstanding grudge against Western European Society I'd cunningly manipulate its population into abandoning the moral principles that had allowed it to flower. No need for bombs or tanks, create a moral vacuum and watch the inhabitants gradually destroy themselves.

It's a weird situation they smash Milo(rightly so),

But let all kinds of weird shiz pass through to the keeper. Comedians talkshow hosts radio jocks have made some really freaking weird comments but nothing gets made of it.

I mean have a look at what women get away with. Did you see them when that twilight guy was popular. If a man behaved in that way to an underage actor they would be destroyed.

Weird situation.

I doubt it. The mainstream media is much more interested in making money than it is pushing political agendas.

Pedophiles continue to make big headlines (and resulting viewers/clicks) so I doubt they are planning to "normalize" it any time soon.
Let us know when you decide to come out of that rock of yours. The mainstream media are constantly pushing political agendas, less so in Australia but in America it is insane what they report on at different times.

Let us know when you decide to come out of that rock of yours. The mainstream media are constantly pushing political agendas, less so in Australia but in America it is insane what they report on at different times.
What do you suppose drives those "political agendas"? That's right - money!

Lowering the age of consent is worth debating/discussing. Humans are getting more and more mature (and sexually mature) at those kinds of ages of about 13-16.

But strictly speaking, pedophilia is an attraction to boys aged about 4-8 years of age.

So legalizing/normalizing pedophilia (strict definition sense) will never happen.

But age of consent could perhaps drop back to around 14 (which has been an age of consent in various countries around the world at various previous decades).

The more paedophilia is in the media/news the more anger and uproar it seems to create. I don't know how this lends itself to 'normalizing' it ?? There are groups/foundations/taskforces worldwide that focus all their energy into stopping it, and putting the perpetrators behind bars. To the point where some people become completely obsessed with the subject, eg. that group that helped create the show "To Catch a Predator", as well as many other copycats who went on solo crusades, filming the whole time and then distributing through media channels. I don't see this ever changing. Victims are also known to devote their whole life to ensuring others don't go through what they experienced.

But strictly speaking, pedophilia is an attraction to boys aged about 4-8 years of age.

I have never delved into this subject as it is abhorrent, but if this is true, what classification do they give to those who are 'attracted' to children who are under the legal age of consent, both male and female ?? The perpetrators can obviously be male or female.

I have never delved into this subject as it is abhorrent, but if this is true, what classification do they give to those who are 'attracted' to children who are under the legal age of consent, both male and female ?? The perpetrators can obviously be male or female.

Infantophilia -- ages 0-5
Pedophilia -- ages 6-10
Hebephilia -- ages 11-14
Ephebophilia -- ages 15-19

The classifications denote a strict PREFERENCE for such sexual partners, not the mere presence of some degree of sexual attraction for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back