Information needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2013
Boronia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilsyth
Does anyone know what 2 other games were played on Anzac Day 2008.
I know Lilydale played Croydon (Div 1) and the EFL annual report said 4 games were played, they named Boronia v Upper FTG (Div 3) but didn't name the other 2 games.
I'm currently adding dates and times of games to my site, so this info would be handy.

Also in 2000, the Div 1 and Div 2 Grand Finals were played at Waverley Park. Were these games a double header. I know the Div 1 game was night time. Anyone know the start time of both Div 1 and Div 2 Grand Final games and did the reserves/under 18s play there as well?

Thanks
Marc

Last edited:
Hi Marc, I know you're not very trusting of stats from East Burwood but my memory is that apart from East Burwood winning all 3 flags that year it was bitterly cold and I seem to remember that it was a 3rd Div club, Knox that won. Strangely I don't have many other memories from that night, except that it was very late when I got home and I didn't feel very well the next day, so the Knox memory might be inaccurate.

Last edited:

Yes GMac, I know they played each other I just seem to remember a really close game that Knox won against Templestowe that night.

Yep, I know the teams that played and the scores for Division 1 and 2, I was just wondering if both games were on the same day/night

All good. I also emailed the EFL and they told me what I needed to know :)

The 2000 div 2 grand final was played at 4pm between Boronia and Blackburn. Div 1 was at 7:15pm between Vermont and East Burwood.

The other two Anzac games in 2008 were: Vermont V Blackburn at Blackburn & Noble Park V Norwood at Noble Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back