hooper underratted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i play both with suban and hooper and i wouldnt trade there places with any other developing playing in the region.. both players no how to get the pill and both players will no doubt be drafter in the near future.. who eva thinks that they have it over either nick or andrew must be playing pocket billwards..

were saying how good they are.
not that were better than them.

Josh Beardsell is a much better player then both ned gilbert and andrew hooper....anyone agree?

josh can play the game and is hard at the ball..
but ned gilbet is one footballer that comes out of the raidar.. quiet but gets the job done.. if i was going to pick one of them i would have to pick hooper as he is so versatile.. then gilbert.. then beardsell..

josh can play the game and is hard at the ball..
but ned gilbet is one footballer that comes out of the raidar.. quiet but gets the job done.. if i was going to pick one of them i would have to pick hooper as he is so versatile.. then gilbert.. then beardsell..

gilbert is one of the best pack markers i have seen. if he is close to the pack it lands with him. nearly impossible to beat one on one

there both good players no doubt. but give me hooper any day. on an average day he still kicks 5 goals and how many games has he won for point off his own boot and his playin midfeild for gods sake.
hooper gets soft kicks and dosnt win hard ball like nick suban does, all he does is run forwards and cherry pick goals. nick suban is a much better player. i also rate tyler george as a better player

im glad some1 brought tyler george's name up cos that kid can play! i dont give a s**t how tall he is, he should have made rebels!

im glad some1 brought tyler george's name up cos that kid can play! i dont give a s**t how tall he is, he should have made rebels!
Tyler George is good player and will be a good player for a long in country footy. There is no room for little blokes on TAC Cup lists go through all the clubs and see how many short people they have.
Well done to the selectors of the rebels for playing A. Hooper as a 16 and he hasnt let them down, he is a better player than Gilbert and Beardsell and there 17 and you cant compare Hoopers and Beardsells spot they are 2 different players so before making comment think of it from the coaches point of view.

there both good players no doubt. but give me hooper any day. on an average day he still kicks 5 goals and how many games has he won for point off his own boot and his playin midfeild for gods sake.

Mate the true factor is suban will play afland hooper won't because of his height

Hooper will get drafted.Playing rebels at 16 and already in the best. You dont have to be 6 foot tall to be a superstar look at libba or greg williams. And as if he doesnt get the hard ball gets ive seen this kid play and he is in and under all day

i played with hooper un the under 16s national team and is a very good player he is tough at it and proved he is a gun by playing the last couple of games with the rebels and gettin in the best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 Tigersman you wouldn't happen to be east point's former coach.
for gods skae mate pull ya head in ya even knew shane you know the bloke wouldnt waste his time on a pointless website like this he is by the far the most professional coach i have been associated and that comes from playing lower garde rebel and training with and being on a rebels development list. his expertise and knowledge of the game extend far beyond the playing field trust me

all going on about this kid like he is gods gift. best player seen come through ever? look at someone like s.grigg has done everything. carried redan for years.

all going on about this kid like he is gods gift. best player seen come through ever? look at someone like s.grigg has done everything. carried redan for years.

I have seen Hooper play and yes he is very good and he proved that he can play at TAC level in the last 3 games in 2007, just whether or not the recruiting guys at the AFL clubs look for athletes that they can turn into players or a guy that can get the pill, thats the question i ask, i can only see one thing that would not see him drafted as long as his attitude is right, and that is his height. Has he stopped growing???? could be a david rodan type!

I hope for everyones sake that the guys who get drafted and do have a connection with BFL junior or senior clubs that they go on and become players for years to come.

For far too long their has been people who criticise anyone who has a bit of tallent and its called Jealousy, get over it and be supportive instead of negatively bagging these players.

Get on and show support for players like Grigg, Frawley & the Brown Bros and all the Ballarat Boys on AFL lists.

I have seen Hooper play and yes he is very good and he proved that he can play at TAC level in the last 3 games in 2007, just whether or not the recruiting guys at the AFL clubs look for athletes that they can turn into players or a guy that can get the pill, thats the question i ask, i can only see one thing that would not see him drafted as long as his attitude is right, and that is his height. Has he stopped growing???? could be a david rodan type!

I hope for everyones sake that the guys who get drafted and do have a connection with BFL junior or senior clubs that they go on and become players for years to come.

For far too long their has been people who criticise anyone who has a bit of tallent and its called Jealousy, get over it and be supportive instead of negatively bagging these players.

Get on and show support for players like Grigg, Frawley & the Brown Bros and all the Ballarat Boys on AFL lists.

spot on:thumbsu:

I havent seen Hooper play so i cant comment on how good he is/isnt

I have seen Suban and George and they are going to be very good footballers

You can say you need tall players but who wouldnt want a nutcase like one player i have grown to love Jake King or a player like Dave Stretton who is now one of Williamstowns midfielder coming of age and not being drafted but was at Collingwood Pre-Season and is only just 6'0

So all this argument about being short/tall lanky/stocky is irrelevant. If you can play and AFL scouts can see this they will def get someone out to have a look at you.

It comes down to 3 key things in being an exceptional talent i think

1. Engine Room- Without a an engine you aint going to survive especially with the speed in which high level football is played. Look at a bloke like Brown, he may be 6'8 but u need a big tank to get that 100kg frame around 16-17km if playing up and down the ground

2. Something Special - The ability to change a game on there own hand. Not be affected by consistent pressure from opposition opponents. Something miraculous

3. Athleticism- A bloke like Pendels from Collingwood. He played Basketball at high level with one of my close mates who now in college. Now he one of best young kids in AFL, and i dont see him slowing down.

Being able to adapt to any conditions, contest, vertical, speed and agility

And if you work your ass off not sit there and say "Hey i made Interleague, TAC Cup" or wateva you will be noticed.

Thats just my take

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back