Highest Single Goalkicker Tallies In A Match

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Devils, Tigers & Jackjumpers
In the 2019 Reserves (EDIT - it was the Seniors) GF of the Circular Head FA in Tassie, L.Jackson of Forest/Stanley kicked all 6 of his team's goals in a 6.5 scoreline, losing to Redpa who kicked 20.9.

Researching the Tasmanian State League, I never found anything better than 2 goals when there was a single goalscorer for a team, and I'd imagine in modern footy there wouldn't be much across the board. I do recall Plugger kicking 12 out of a Saints score of 14 once...

So what's out there...?

Last edited:
In the 2019 Reserves GF of the Circular Head FA in Tassie, L.Jackson of Forest/Stanley kicked all 6 of his team's goals in a 6.5 scoreline, losing to Redpa who kicked 20.9.

Researching the Tasmanian State League, I never found anything better than 2 goals when there was a single goalscorer for a team, and I'd imagine in modern footy there wouldn't be much across the board. I do recall Plugger kicking 12 out of a Saints score of 14 once...

So what's out there...?

In the 2019 Reserves (EDIT - it was the Seniors) GF of the Circular Head FA in Tassie, L.Jackson of Forest/Stanley kicked all 6 of his team's goals in a 6.5 scoreline, losing to Redpa who kicked 20.9.

So what's out there...?
A player for my club's Reserve Grade last year kicked all 7 of the team's goals. See below. It was 7 goals straight and the player concerned is not a key marking forward, making it even more remarkable.

I did put a post up about it at the time and no-one could find a player who had done equal or better - until now, when I read the croucher's post. 12 out of 12 - that's truly amazing.

It wouldn't surprise me if we found a few a century ago who got into double figures, once they'd gotten past the average 2 goals wins you a match scorelines...

Dunstall or Lloyd, one of those guys, has a theory that 60 goals today is equal to 100 of yesteryear, so our examples above of 6 and 7 goals when players are coached to share the ball, multiple scoring options and all that, really stand out. For it to happen today, you probably need a losing side with one star player, meaning it's most likely a junior grade, or one where the defence is doing a great job shutting down those options, with one guy continually slipping through the cracks in a purple patch. It would be absolutely remarkable if someone got to 10 doing that...much rarer even than a player kicking 20+, which happens somewhere at least once a season...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back