Sport HFC Punting Thread 2014 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

forgot to go this week but I'll pick something just to prove I would have lost anyway

first goal Monfries $100 @ 21, sportsbet

CP - $2482 (+391 -100)
Boons - $1744
Stard - $61
Fev - $54.07 (-300)
Shakey - $16.15

Spud - $0 (-553)
Rest - $0
Henry Jr $-100

spud how are you so good at tipping and supercoach but so bad at the punting game?
hahaha I get greedy, my friend :D
1.40 odds are great, until I have this sure-thing of a multi which is paying 900:1
I'm considerably more conserative with my 'real' punting, which brings in some small change most weeks - i value the dollars a lot more when they're mine and not Henry Jr 's :p

First goal Roughead
Hawks 1-9
$50 @ 71

First goal Roughead
Hawks 10-19
$50 @ 76

First goal Roughead
Hawks 20-29
$50 @ 91

Draw
$4 @ 34.00

sportsbet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boons - $6976
CP - $3615
Stard - $61
Shakey - $16.15
Fev - $0.07

Spud, Henry Jr and Rest - $0

0oIOKG9.png

Congratulations to djboonie on becoming the 2014 Hawks board punting champion. This makes back to back years of someone pulling it out of their arse at the last week, and boonie even would have won with the 30% betting with tom waterhouse tax I will vote to implement next year. CouchPotato makes it two years in a row of ending with thousands in the bank and most importantly of all, I'm not on $0.00!

Well done to Boonie whom did run the bet by me at the pre-game bbq before hand.

Despite not betting for the second half of the year, still happy the break even with Spud. Eat a shit son your no good!

Doesn't bother me because boonie would have still won with the same bet at $2.65, but I'm not the one who lost because of it. I have some thugs on retainer so I can get the cup back if I gave it away too early

Gday choofa, love the pic mate - throw it in our autopsy thread if you so desire as it should attract some good feedback.

This thread is merely a place for the 'majority' of us to throw away our allotted weekly dole cheque

edit: bigfooty - why are you adding red squiggly lines under my spelling of the word cheque? that's how you farkin' spell it!

Tough not to give this one to CP given waterhouses' $4 odds had the 'max $30 bet' condition attached to it but i'll let you good peeps sort it out.

Carn the hawks!

Boonie put it on the line, I'm happy for him to take the spoils
Punching myself in the face for not taking the plunge on sportsbet - was saving my dollars for spring carnival - would of have so much more to play with

Boonie put it on the line, I'm happy for him to take the spoils
Punching myself in the face for not taking the plunge on sportsbet - was saving my dollars for spring carnival - would of have so much more to play with
Don't bet on the three-legged horse - that's my knowledge of horse racing in a nutshell :p

Hey guys,

Dont want to upset anyone so if you deem the bet to be void, then im okay with that. After all it aint real money we're playing with, so its merely bragging rights which doesnt phase me in the slightest.

To be honest I didnt see the details of the deal, just the odds advertised. It was a hail mary.

CP is probably more deserving than I anyway

Hey guys,

Dont want to upset anyone so if you deem the bet to be void, then im okay with that. After all it aint real money we're playing with, so its merely bragging rights which doesnt phase me in the slightest.

To be honest I didnt see the details of the deal, just the odds advertised. It was a hail mary.

CP is probably more deserving than I anyway
Just screwin' around with ya buddy. As Fevvy pointed out, even at regular odds your all-in would have triumphed anyhow. Only reason I knew about the TW restriction was a few of us hawkers at work went to plunk a fair wad of cash on it as a group until we saw the t&c and though fk him. Wasn't going to go through the sign-up process for a $30 max bet. That, and he's a right twat lol.

And as you said, it's nothing more than a side game to keep us interested throughout the season and give us someone to cheer for in matches we might otherwise not give two hoots about.

congrats Boonie, keep that tropy safe mate, I want it back next season when I remove that 1 bet from the multis that killed me every week...even this week I bet on Hawks < 39, who knew that syds were so shit!@

Remove this Banner Ad

Back