Hampden league season 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest rumour doing the rounds is Matt Sully has been sounding out new clubs! One of them....his old club South Warrnambool. Stay tuned.

The latest rumour doing the rounds is Matt Sully has been sounding out new clubs! One of them....his old club South Warrnambool. Stay tuned.

Heard the same...I reckon there was a pretty strong thread/conversation on this forum about this very topic a few years ago when he was coming back from Qld to Port and South people were bitter (& understandably so) that lots was done for him and now he was taking the cash at Port... the wheel may turn 360 here! will come at a PRICE $$$

Wouldn't it be good if a player like Sully, who has shopped around, just came out and said I'm going there or (staying put) for the cash and not some other made up reason eg family, mates, convenience etc..i realize these factors can come into it but I for one would respect a players honesty if they just told it as we probably think it is.

Oh wouldn’t honesty be great for all footy conversations. If sully does move it will be for less coin I would suspect. Unsure on what reasoning is behind it.

Portland have signed another returning Tiger, Danial Sturzaker is another big bodied key position ex Portlander who has played at a higher level returning to help the tigers out

Seems that Cam Spencer from Camperdown was given a spray when he decided to leave the pies and try his luck up North with Phil Carse...now that it has fallen thru (work i think) he isnt to keen on returning to the pies...big loss if so...it is a bit like when your on the grog and your mate asks you about his girlfriend...the temptation is to tell him she is a pain in the arse , but as sure as eggs if you do, they get engaged the next week. Better to hold the tongue just in case...I guess camperdown now wish they had held there tongue?

Portland have signed another returning Tiger, Danial Sturzaker is another big bodied key position ex Portlander who has played at a higher level returning to help the tigers out
He was outstanding during the 2018 finals series for Modewarre and a significant reason why they were Premiers in the Bellarine Football League

HFNL meeting tonight...John Ross..he is Max.......GAWNNNNN

And there is another story unrelated to Ross on horizon too re Brad Poles role as operations manager...should be an interesting session..

Another returning Tiger has signed on at Portland, Young gun Harris Jennings has returned after a good year with the Rebels.
Keep em coming Tigers!!

Hearing a few rumors of Kane Cornes to Port Fairy, they would have to be spending up big to get him. Anyone else hearing this?

Big win for Hampden against Ballarat creeping up the rankings now
Great win, but Ballarat had a B grade side as many big names did not make themselves available. I was reading Ballarat league forum on this site 3 weeks a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi! We are past half way through the year. Most of the year, I've been saying top 3 is even, then the next 2. Then there is a gap with next 2 got little chance of making finals. But the bottom 3 are way behind. Going by recent form, I would still say Koroit are the favorites for the flag. Wbool are slightly behind. North are only on top because of the good luck with the close matches. Souths have been taking it up to the top teams, but just keep losing the close ones. If Sam Kelly was playing as well and team was at full strength, they would of won more games. Port Fairy form has been superb recently. At a South v Hamilton game recently, one player was red carded for telling an umpire, what he thinks. Everyone thought it should of been a yellow card. We thought red cards are for the more serious offenses. That umpire is clearly sensitive. Cost the team the game basically, and Souths did get crucified all nite. Camperdown or Hamilton are being OK. Terang, Cobden and Portland are just not up to it. With netball, Cobden have been dominating. But recently the gap is closing. North, Koroit and Wbool are equal 2nd best teams. But after that there is a big gap.

After watching Koroit and North in 2nd Semi, Koroit has confirmed they are very warm favorites for the flag, going by their performance. So many match winners and I think North need more key position players in the team to be a threat. No real key fwds in the team. With Koroit, they have so many who can kick goals, such as Martin, Dobsons and Korewha. Also midfield and rucks are brilliant. Koroit will enjoy the Reid Oval size to match their gameplan. Warrnambool won't have the fuel to win the Prem final this week. With netball, it's very open between Cobden, Wbool and Koroit. Also we need u followers to write in posts and give us some news. Where are u HampdenMad?

Read in the Portland Observer that the Western Border League had approached Portland trying to entice them back to the Western Border League. Portland have said they said they are happy to stay where they are for now. The Western Border League said they will continue to try to get them back.

Read in the Portland Observer that the Western Border League had approached Portland trying to entice them back to the Western Border League. Portland have said they said they are happy to stay where they are for now. The Western Border League said they will continue to try to get them back.

Wouldn't Portland be far too strong for the Western Border now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back