Gippsland Football Leagues Restructure

Remove this Banner Ad

The Allies into recess for the season and really looks like an uphill battle to get up again.
6 team comp for 2018 and it seems inevitable that the Alberton will disband after the year.
What’s the speculation for the remaining 6 for 2019 onwards?

The Allies into recess for the season and really looks like an uphill battle to get up again.
6 team comp for 2018 and it seems inevitable that the Alberton will disband after the year.
What’s the speculation for the remaining 6 for 2019 onwards?

Woodside and Yarram to transfer to Alberton FL next season.

What's this talk of a two conference Gippsland League on the GL page? Anyone heard of a proposed format?

If it is two divisions of 8-10 then there is going to be some radical changes in the leagues below the GL between Drouin and Bairnsdale, with the NGNFL and MGFL definitely set for major change.

I can see Alberton becoming part of a two-division WGFNC - it should have been done last summer when the AFNL dropped to six clubs.

Guys, would love some feedback on the idea below for a full Gippsland footy restructure.

Premier divisions would work with promotion and relegation to lower local leagues.

Could open opportunities to attract old school west Gippsland clubs like pakenham back into the fold

Attachments

• F6D425C4-C726-4FA1-9172-B98FDC8E4BE6.jpeg
    F6D425C4-C726-4FA1-9172-B98FDC8E4BE6.jpeg
    615.5 KB · Views: 165
Has merit.

What is your promotion-relegation scenario? I am assuming that you are calling for 2-up, 2-down with the two premiers going up because we will get very messy with one-up, one-down. That would mean the second-tier league Grand Finals being followed a week later by a second Grand Final between the premiers in a promotion play-off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh fair call, I hadn’t given how a promotion and relegation system would actually work. Maybe a weighted club championship of sorts?

With the exception of existing Gippsland league teams in the premier divisions, I wasn’t 100% on which other teams to put up. So that would be a matter of debate who would start in premier.

Just think the above structure would cancel out some current issues and allow flexibility for clubs to move and change divisions. Would most likely create issues too of course

I still believe the West Gippsland FNL should be divided into 2 divisions. It's a no brainer. Perhaps the same could be done between North Gippy and Mid Gippy although North Gippy seems to be travelling alright but clubs like Woodside and Gormy are really struggling. If it was to happen i'd drop Hill End / Thorpy and maybe even traf from the talks and have them over at the Ellinbank league. If I get time I'll put a proposed structure which I think could work best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back