Roast Gerard Whateley’s Rant on AFL360 (22/08/19)

Remove this Banner Ad

This morning Whateley tried to (indirectly) justify his rant last year. He's backing Hinkley and Port and an AO Grand Final.

His editorial of the weekend Port v Richmond starts around 1.10, Hinkley at 1.50 and AO GF at 3.30

"If you're hoping for that evolution can save footy you're barracking for Port Adelaide ( and my mate Kenny)."

I thought his rant last year was that we shouldnt expect success?

I thought his rant last year was that we shouldnt expect success?
His rant was Ken's your man no matter what, stop expecting success like you had in the SANFL and be grateful for what you've got.

Today's was a bit of, I told you so.

He is pumping up our style of footy though, which however slim might give us an edge in the minds of the powers that be that this is how footy should be played.

Let's all remember the time a young Gerard was interviewing Shane Crawford at the Brownlow and a half cut Crawford called him out live on air about how terrible his breath was.

We'll be taken more seriously as a fan base if we aren't looking at things with a filter of outrage so much.

Whateley said absolutely nothing of interest in that editorial except talk about the game of the season and acknowledge that we're the best team in the comp right now.

We'll be taken more seriously as a fan base if we aren't looking at things with a filter of outrage so much.

Ah yes. Being told we’re a mediocre also-ran at this level who should be thankful Ken deigned to accept $700,000-$800,000 to coach us to a slew of 10th-placed finishes as part of a wider lambasting by the apex media doyen of the AFL industry is something we should’ve just copped on the prostate.

The premature victory laps by Hinkley’s unerring boosters in the media — even at a point where circumstances are looking less and less likely we’ll blow a top-2/4 berth (2014, 2017, 2018) as we’ve done literally 3 times previously under this coach — is patently absurd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back