Funny moments on the footy field

Remove this Banner Ad

late in the game playing 3rds one day I took a mark in the goal square over an Indigenous player,as I was getting up he decided to use my head as a punching bag and a foot stool

When the 2s ran out the hitman for the 2s came up to me and asked what number he was(The indigenous players used to play 1s 2s & 3rds in the same jumper and drive to the game then):confused:

So I told him what number he was and didn't think much more about it until the stretcher came out to carry off the bloke with the number I told him

At half time the 2s hitman came up to me with a smile and said what did you think of that I said think of what the bloke carried off was white:rolleyes:

One day this spanker was giving it to me over the fence saying that i was shit even though i had kicked 4 goals and had shitloads of the pill. i said to him 'what you call me'. he just started pointing and stuttering. I think that he may have shit his pants.

Back when I was playing a ball was soccered of the ground near the boundary line. There was an elderly lady knitting on the seat over the fence. The ball flew over the fence and copped her in the face. Tough old bag said she was okay and kept knitting.

A few years back against Bunyip I was running back with the flight of the ball but was not going to be able to prevent a Bunyip player from taking an easy chest mark. So in an effort to put him off I did the standard waving of my arms and yelling at him. To my surprise it worked - he obviously took his eyes off the ball and it hit his. The footy copped him square in the nuts and dropped him like a bag of crap. I was laughing too much to pick up the ball (the footy not his).

Some loud mouth from Bunyip had just given away a very crude high tackle free kick which was as good as a punch and had been doing it all day.
Was still mouthing off on the mark that the player was soft and he was going to bash him. He was mid sentence when the player kicked a very heavy ball with force but very flat. Copped the guy square in the face and he was carried from the field. The player who kicked it screamed out 'unlucky' as soon as the guy hit the deck.

In an effort to bump a few threads, I thought this was pretty clever, if I do say so myself.

Doing the running for Newborough this year, we were playing reigning premiers Boolarra at home in round 3 or 4. The scores were something like 13 goals to 1 half way through the third quarter. One of our blokes copped a pretty crude head-high tackle and was KO'd and a Boolarra player was yelling out from 50m away "Thats it fellas. Hit em hard. They cant take it when you hit em hard", to which I said loudly "Here's an idea! Why not try hittin the f%#ken scoreboard cos you're getting your pants pulled down at the moment"

Not for the first time in my career, the umpire gave me a warning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back