Fri June 28th 2013 9.10 pm. Tim Watson states"There is no doubt there will be sanctions"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he spoke well tbh. Maintains that the club haven't deliberately jeopardized the players welfare but acknowledges the seriousness of the investigation

Also said that there was nothing untoward in the boos from he crowd whilst rubbing it in that the crowd may have motivated not only jobe but he team as well which probably is accurate

Well this what his last comment. The start of a PR orchestrated campaign to subtly "ready" fans for the day of reckoning.
everything is a PR stunt hey?

I don't think there's an Essendon fan alive who thinks we won't get some kind of punishment. AFLPA alone will see to that.

everything is a PR stunt hey?

I don't think there's an Essendon fan alive who thinks we won't get some kind of punishment. AFLPA alone will see to that.

Now I don't think this was a PR stunt either but you did think jobes comments on OTC were club sanctioned as part of some master plan..... ;)

And I will admit I shared that view at the time

Now I don't think this was a PR stunt either but you did think jobes comments on OTC were club sanctioned as part of some master plan..... ;)

And I will admit I shared that view at the time
yeah I sure did. Still not convinced it wasn't... but seems that way. Crazy old week whatever it was

The mail is:
  • $2m fine
  • Essendon loses all points for 2013
  • no draft picks for 2 years
  • guilty players receive two years suspended sentence

Will there be an emergency draft of VFL, WAFL and SANFL players?

Edit: Misread the suspended sentence part. Seems fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was obviously talking about club sanctions given he was saying the players would be cleared on Tuesday morning
Jobe should be ok if his Dad is running things.

Apparently Tim is running the show, yes? When will Tim be handing down the sanctions, morning or afternoon? I think it's poor form of Tim though to announce it before telling his staff as ASADA. :D:thumbsu:

The mail is:
  • $2m fine

Who delivered this mail? A reputable postman?

Suspended sentences eh? Didn't know they existed.

The mail is:
  • $2m fine

I don't think the can be fully suspended sentences under WADA.

It is something like up to 75% of the sanction that would be applicable can be suspended.

The mail is:
  • $2m fine

Agree.. if it was all the club's fault (no ASADA stuff up) and the players were all in the dark, that would seem fair. AFL announce it near the end of the year so it doesn't impact the TV ratings and Bombers can compete properly next year.

I guess they can't take away all their draft picks? If people retire you need to replace..

Tim Watson. One other thing.

He said a while back he would be shattered if Jobe had the Brownlow taken off him. He was decidedly more fatalistic about it just before.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/es...s-brownlow-medal/story-fnelctok-1226571441837

"As a parent, I'd be devastated for him," Watson said on SEN.

"I'd be completely and utterly destroyed and that is one of the components of this story too, there are lots of things that are going on that we don't know about.

Don't know if it means anything but its a bit of change in attitude.

If it's case that they play for no points this year then they may be able to backdate the suspension so it started at the beginning of the 2012 season so they can play at the start of this year and suspend the rest of the sentence.

It happened with Contador , his ban got backdated and he ended up up only serving six months suspension.

If that is the case I would call that fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back