Forwards, Mids, Backs or team ballance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheap Whine

Rookie
Nov 21, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who is leading the goalkicking in 2013?
It seems clubs put a lot of value in full forwards, and perhaps rightly so...
Wandin picked up another gun last week and are the envy of all clubs with not just one, but two star full forwards-
Wandin, Upwey, Belgrave, Warby, Woori all seem to be heavily dependant on a key forward or two to kick the majority of their goals each week!
Do clubs target key backmen in their recruiting any more? I see AFL clubs put a huge value on defence, but do YVMDFL clubs go for mids and forwards only, in the hope they can win a shoot out? This does (from afar) seem to be Wandins mantra this season, and they are doing very well.

Great post cheap wine!!!! I think that not unlike the afl the big guns up forwards put bums on seats, I do not think for one second that if it had been Scarlett instead of fevola that monbulk would of made half the money they did, which I have no problem with what they did, any local club with a chance like that should make the most if it and they did!!!! Fowlkes from wandin is leading the goal kicking and from what I have seen is well worth the $10!!!!in saying that think the brookers are really missing the red head that played centre half back the fact that I don't know his name probably answers your question! Keen to here MS thoughts appearantly a big forward was the problem at interleague????

I think all local footy sides would target a key forward over a key back on most occasions. The YVMDFL have some rippers
Wandin - Fowkes & Talevski
Gembrook - Richardson
Belgrave - Collins & Calteri
Upwey - Waters & Hedge
Warby - Muir
Emerald - Cox & Taylor
ETC
Facts are these blokes win games off there own boot more often than not. Yes if clubs go and chase key back man they have a good shot at trying to shut these big forwards down but to be honest most clubs have good mids and all these gun forwards need is good delivery and it doesn't matter how good the back man are. For me, id put my money into a good Midfield first then chase a key forward. Facts are these are the guys that win you games. If there is any cash left then you try your luck with a back man.

Just my thoughts

I think all local footy sides would target a key forward over a key back on most occasions. The YVMDFL have some rippers
Wandin - Fowkes & Talevski
Gembrook - Richardson
Belgrave - Collins & Calteri
Upwey - Waters & Hedge
Warby - Muir
Emerald - Cox & Taylor
ETC
Facts are these blokes win games off there own boot more often than not. Yes if clubs go and chase key back man they have a good shot at trying to shut these big forwards down but to be honest most clubs have good mids and all these gun forwards need is good delivery and it doesn't matter how good the back man are. For me, id put my money into a good Midfield first then chase a key forward. Facts are these are the guys that win you games. If there is any cash left then you try your luck with a back man.

Just my thoughts

Chuck in-

Woori - BJ and Tennant
Monbulk - Juice and Langworthy
Warby - Muir and Irving
Gembrook - Richo and Mane
Mt Ev - Dalton and Howarth
Olinda - Walters no suprise there winning a few on the back of is return.

Who's the best key back going around? Bonuda, Andueza, Yapp ???

Chuck in-

Woori - BJ and Tennant
Monbulk - Juice and Langworthy
Warby - Muir and Irving
Gembrook - Richo and Mane
Mt Ev - Dalton and Howarth
Olinda - Walters no suprise there winning a few on the back of is return.

Who's the best key back going around? Bonuda, Andueza, Yapp ???

Hocking from Wandin is one that must be considered as a good defender. Bonuda from Woori is as good as I have seen this year as well.

Clubs tend to recruit forwards and midfielders and try to develop defenders from there own ranks as a general rule. You will find most good defenders probably started forward anyways and have been moved back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back