Footy star

Remove this Banner Ad

Mahama said:
As the website says, the update will be coming out this weekend (Was going to be last weekend but things got a bit busy). Quite a large list of bugs has been found, so they'll all be fixed up, though probably no new features will be in this update, aside from a few extra events ;)
I tell ya what, I began playing your game a little while ago, and I like it...only problem I have with it is retirement-ideally, the gamer should have the say in whether or not his player calls it quits. Ideally, a guy who kicks over 1000 AFL goals would and should retire as a member of his AFL club, not in the local reserves.
Other than that, I like Footy Star :)

I was playing Adelaide and won by 70ish points, after the game it said "Do you want to bet $1000 for Adelaide to beat the Western Bulldogs?", I said no, and it said that Adelaide won easily :confused: :eek:

dont you think its stupid u get picked up when your like 20 21 into the afl? and your playing tac cup when your 19?

I have a problem with the game here, and it's my first time I've played the game. I started the game with all attributes at 1, and I was asked to join the next level (level 2 so to speak). I live here in the US, and have been since 1998 (moved from Edithvale), anyway, when I saw Edithvale / Aspendale, I nearly jumped out of my seat I was so excited! Lol. Anyway, it was 11:00pm, so what I did was before I decided to select them as the team I wanted to play for, I exited the game, and now I'm wishing I hadn't of done this and had played atleast 1 game. When I go back to the contract screen, there are no teams listed at all, it's all blank :( I can go through sponsorship, but I can't click play nor pick a contract. On the left where it says what team I am playing for, it says Berwick, which was the team I had played for this season. Is there a way I can advance or do I need to start all over? :( Also, some questions / apparent bugs in the game (NOTE: Some of these features may be in AFL level, haven't gotten that far yet!):

- When I kick a goal, it seems 90% of the time I also scored a point. It is possible to kick just a single goal without scoring a point?

- The commentator will keep mentioning that the coach should have me sit on the bench etc... for poor performaces, yet this never happens. Can this happen? If not, it would be a great addition, (play for 1 quarter, sit the next one out due to a poor performance, but not always!) / Rather than go through 1 Qtr at a time, have a time limit, this way you could be benched at a certain time, say at the 15 minute mark, AND / OR be used in a rotation with another player (just a random name) who also plays in your position!

- Is it possible to advance WITHOUT winning a Grand Final?

- It would be nice to see, (other than just disposals), how many kicks, handballs, tackles and marks you get a quarter and at what times, (same for goals and points at what times, I know there are stats for these). EG: Q1: 1 mark @ the 2:00 minute mark, 1 tackle @ the 16:32 mark, Q2: Didn't Get A Touch, Q3: Benched, Q4: 1 kick @ the 3:56 minute mark, 1 Goal @ the 4:01 minute mark. This way you could single handedly tell if you won the game for your team or really contributed properly.

- It would be nice to see your oppositions stats, (random players name) and other any other players that played on you because they were benched or moved, just for fun.

- Can you be reported / suspended?

- If you are reported, how about a Tribunal after the match, letting you know if you got suspeneded for X amount of games or not, (suspended in lower levels as there would be no Tribunal).

- When you kick a point, may be the game could let you know if it hit the post instead!

- We know most of the time, the team listed first, is the game that is played at their home ground, but it would be nice to list the ground being played at and the attendence! EG: Ground: Edithvale. Attendence: 100, Ground: MCG. Attendence: 85,453.

- Maybe at the beginning of the game you can select what type of a person you are (eg: sensible, rough player etc...) and based on this, how you would play on the field. So you if choose as being a rough player, your chances of getting suspeneded / benched for being an idiot on the field are pretty good! Lol. BUT, there should also be a way that as you progress, you can alter this, so just because you chose yourself as being sensible, you may ultimately not turn out this way, same goes for being a rough player or any other type of player.

- How about have a stat based on how many fans you have? Just for fun. And of course if you play bad, then your fan base may drop a bit.

This is all for now! I like the game a lot, it's a lot of fun!!

Mike.

1. In terms of suspension and injury. There needs to be a attibute of the player that influences how often they get reported/suspended. So perhaps in addition to the usual kicking, marking, handballing, running etc you could have variables like aggression, composure, concentration etc.

To make it interesting you could gear it so a player that has more aggression will get more of the ball/goals, but will always run a higher risk of being suspended/injured, whereas a composed player will be more consistent and less likely to miss matches. A player with high concentration will be more of a 4 quarter performer, whereas a "cluth" player will make a difference when it matters.

You should not be able to have a player that is 100% in all areas, it's just silly. There needs to be more variables to make it more involved.

2. The game needs to be made more durable. I downloaded it and got my player up to max stats in no time at all. Either raise the bar in terms of how easy it is to gain your attributes, or put a more effective measure in place for losing your skills.

Haha, well that didn't take too long at all. I should mention that this version is very new and hasn't been tested (Is in the process of being tested in fact) so there are going to be a lot of problems.

I've changed the setup screen so that the Career name box is at the top of the screen, and if you dont fill it in it tells you specifically to give the career a name. I've also added a bit more instruction for it (Just type in any name, like career1 or something similar).
Leafie, that problem was found earlier and I managed to fix it. Once I put up a more recent version it'll be resolved, but for now you'll have to try and ignore it ;)
Stevolution, I'm looking into your problem now. What name did you give your career?
The automatic saving feature has brought with it a few new challenges, so I'm seeing if I can work around them now. (Edit: Problem solved? Ok, well that's good, still I'd like to find out what went wrong, heh)
Hey mate, I know this is super old now so probably out of luck :( but just unlocked this memory from deeeeep in my brain and feeling nostalgic AF and want to play again but am getting an error MSVBVM50.DLL was not found - any ideas on how I can fix this? Would love to give it a run again!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back