Everybody's random stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw this on another board on big footy, had to laugh, I have no idea whether it is for real or just a funny meme.
dNCUD76.jpg

It reminds me of schools and pupil free days.... schools run so efficiently when those annoying students aren't there.

It reminds me of schools and pupil free days.... schools run so efficiently when those annoying students aren't there.
Or the Yes Minister epsiode with the patient-free hospital that is rated the most efficient.

Just saw this on another board on big footy, had to laugh, I have no idea whether it is for real or just a funny meme.
dNCUD76.jpg

It’s meant for unwell visitors.

We have so many patients who are visited by unwell people, and that then gets passed around the staff and patients.

I mean patients are already sick, have compromised immune systems, and then family come and visit them and make them more sick.

We had a patient test positive for RSV on Tuesday. She had been in hospital for 10 days at that point. Has had family visiting her all the time.

Yesterday two more patients on the same ward tested positive for RSV.

Theses three patients are known to sit together and talk a lot.

It’s meant for unwell visitors.

We have so many patients who are visited by unwell people, and that then gets passed around the staff and patients.

I mean patients are already sick, have compromised immune systems, and then family come and visit them and make them more sick.

We had a patient test positive for RSV on Tuesday. She had been in hospital for 10 days at that point. Has had family visiting her all the time.

Yesterday two more patients on the same ward tested positive for RSV.

Theses three patients are known to sit together and talk a lot.
Maybe but the sign saying "thank you for helping us to keep all our people safe", :think: our people to me infers staff not patients.

I just finished watching the recent documentary The Fall of Minneapolis, which is about the George Floyd death. Wow the story we were sold and I believed by the media/political was way off, very eye opening. The "Official" Autopsy, around 37min.30sec in to the documentary certainly doesn't support the murder narrative.

Wow the story we were sold and I believed by the media/political was way off, very eye opening.
Honestly if you're switching to believing that one, you've just gone to being sold a completely different self-serving story.

Honestly if you're switching to believing that one, you've just gone to being sold a completely different self-serving story.
You are dead set wrong, I almost bet my bottom dollar you didn't watch the documentary. Have a look at what these 2 guys said after viewing it, I hadn't even heard of the documentary, only reason I even watched it is because I am a fan of John McWhorter.

John Hamilton McWhorter V is an American linguist with a specialty in creole languages, sociolects, and Black English. He is currently an associate professor of linguistics at Columbia University, where he also teaches American studies and music history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swallowing YouTube "documentaries" is how we, in the 21st century, have ended up with flat earthers.
I agree there is a lot of absolute tripe on youtube.... as there is on MSM IMO, so much so that I don't watch it.

From my point of view if you are discerning and selective with your choices of what to view long form Documentaries and Podcasts (which just about all can be viewed on youtube, even MSM Docos/"journalists") are a hell of a lot better way to keep informed than the sound bites you get from main stream media on news bulletins/current affairs shows etc.

BTW I would hazard a guess that no one who has criticised The Fall of Minneapolis has even bothered to watch it. There are some terrific non main stream journalists out there eg. Matt Taibbi, Glenn Greenwald.

My favourite Podcasters ATM are Chris Williamson who mainly concentrates on social and cultural issues, most of his are fantastic listens... Lex Fridman plus Destin Sandlin on the SmartEreveryDay youtube channel, both concentrate on science.

Last edited:
I agree there is a lot of absolute tripe on youtube.... as there is on MSM IMO, so much so that I don't watch it.

From my point of view if you are discerning and selective with your choices of what to view long form Documentaries and Podcasts (which just about all can be viewed on youtube, even MSM Docos/"journalists") are a hell of a lot better way to keep informed than the sound bites you get from main stream media on news bulletins/current affairs shows etc.

BTW I would hazard a guess that no one who has criticised The Fall of Minneapolis has even bothered to watch it. There are some terrific non main stream journalists out there eg. Matt Taibbi, Glenn Greenwald.

My favourite Podcasters ATM are Chris Williamson who mainly concentrates on social and cultural issues, most of his are fantastic listens... Lex Fridman plus Destin Sandlin on the SmartEreveryDay youtube channel, both concentrate on science.
The problem is that I tend to do research to understand who is producing said YouTube videos to understand the particular wheelbarrow they're looking to push.

If it was Glenn Greenwald - I know of him from his involvement in the Snowden files, I view him as largely credible and has a history of investigating anything.

Taibbi - he seems like a shockjock who then moved into the very lucrative area of Trump cheerleading. Rather than actual investigation, he gets fed stuff and regurgitates it so isn't particular impartial on anything.

Liz Collin and AlphaNews - Hadn't heard of them, so I read up on them once you originally posted the link. Next to no history of actual news breaking, literally just the facade of "investigation" in preference for putting together multimedia to push their existing wheelbarrow. I have no interest in consuming media from anyone who went into a project knowing the outcome they were going to contrive.

The mainstream media has issues. The solution isn't to uncritically accept what random numpties put online without reviewing what they're trying to sell.

The vast, vast majority of people choose to watch and listen to stuff that conforms to their personal tastes and world view.

What one person considers a discerning and selective choice, the next person raises their eyebrows at and thinks it’s still within the same political spectrum as the rest of the first person’s choices of content.

The problem is that I tend to do research to understand who is producing said YouTube videos to understand the particular wheelbarrow they're looking to push.

If it was Glenn Greenwald - I know of him from his involvement in the Snowden files, I view him as largely credible and has a history of investigating anything.

Taibbi - he seems like a shockjock who then moved into the very lucrative area of Trump cheerleading. Rather than actual investigation, he gets fed stuff and regurgitates it so isn't particular impartial on anything.

Liz Collin and AlphaNews - Hadn't heard of them, so I read up on them once you originally posted the link. Next to no history of actual news breaking, literally just the facade of "investigation" in preference for putting together multimedia to push their existing wheelbarrow. I have no interest in consuming media from anyone who went into a project knowing the outcome they were going to contrive.

The mainstream media has issues. The solution isn't to uncritically accept what random numpties put online without reviewing what they're trying to sell.
I would add a lot of main stream media to the numpties pile, they also have barrows to push which in MSM that barrow is clicks and sensationalism in order to get views which gets them advertising dollars.

Did you watch the Doco? What did you think of the autopsy report that said no signs of strangulation, Floyd high on Fentanyl and other drugs. Critical heart problems, IIRC 75% blocked artery and hypertensive heart disease. Also the training manual that showed diagrams of the exact technique Chauvin used to restrain him which to me is critical to the possibility of a murder conviction. Also the officers called 911 30 seconds after he was restrained, Floyd was panicky and appeared to be hyperventilating.

Agree to disagree on Taibbi, he is a legend IMO.

The vast, vast majority of people choose to watch and listen to stuff that conforms to their personal tastes and world view.

What one person considers a discerning and selective choice, the next person raises their eyebrows at and thinks it’s still within the same political spectrum as the rest of the first person’s choices of content.
Totally agree on all that, confirmation bias is a massive factor and I own up to being prone to it. Nobody likes to admit they are wrong or have been mislead, I try my best to have a sceptical mindset to all information and authority... I don't feel they are in general altruistic in nature.

The reason I gave MSM media away is that I found myself raising my eyebrows and shaking my head way too much.

What did you think of the autopsy report that said no signs of strangulation,
Depends. There's multiple reports here - one from the county examiner who has a history of repeating the police line, and one from independent and well-credentialed medical examiners (i.e. a former NYC chief examiner) - albeit paid for by the family. It sounds like (unsurprisingly) the documentary didn't bother mentioning this.
Floyd high on Fentanyl and other drugs. Critical heart problems, IIRC 75% blocked artery and hypertensive heart disease.
I haven't followed the case closely and I already knew this.
Also the training manual that showed diagrams of the exact technique Chauvin used to restrain him which to me is critical to the possibility of a murder conviction.
This, to me, would preclude the murder charge - it would instead be a manslaughter charge (or at least in Australia it would be).
Also the officers called 911 30 seconds after he was restrained, Floyd was panicky and appeared to be hyperventilating.
And then they restrained him by kneeling on his chest and back for another nine minutes?

This particular claim highlights what I don't understand. You laud the questioning of views, but then appear to accept a particular view all at face value. The officers could say whatever they want and frequently do. Accepting what they claim is as blinkered as you claim MSM is. In this case there were a large number of eyewitnesses and video footage to prove what actually happened and indeed the only reason this blew up in the first place was said video footage. As such I found the establishment claims to be steadfastly uncredible in this case.

Depends. There's multiple reports here - one from the county examiner who has a history of repeating the police line, and one from independent and well-credentialed medical examiners (i.e. a former NYC chief examiner) - albeit paid for by the family. It sounds like (unsurprisingly) the documentary didn't bother mentioning this.

I haven't followed the case closely and I already knew this.

This, to me, would preclude the murder charge - it would instead be a manslaughter charge (or at least in Australia it would be).

And then they restrained him by kneeling on his chest and back for another nine minutes?

This particular claim highlights what I don't understand. You laud the questioning of views, but then appear to accept a particular view all at face value. The officers could say whatever they want and frequently do. Accepting what they claim is as blinkered as you claim MSM is. In this case there were a large number of eyewitnesses and video footage to prove what actually happened and indeed the only reason this blew up in the first place was said video footage. As such I found the establishment claims to be steadfastly uncredible in this case.
The Documentary did mention the "independent" autopsy, IIRC they didn't examine the body.

Chauvin knelt on this shoulder/neck region in exactly the manner recommended in the Police training manual.

I swallowed the MSM narrative on this for a couple of years like John McWhorter and like him I changed my mind, I was wrong, maybe with more information I could change back.

The Doco showed almost cinema quality Police body cam footage of the incident.

IMO this was definitely not a murder, Chauvin at worst was guilty of following a flawed Police instructed restraint technique, hell of a job being a police officer, I wouldn't do it for a million dollars.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back