EDFL Team of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

He was ass coach, might have taken over when henwood left, from Doveton. Played ok when we played them.

Corrie Wilson from nyora is very stiff but its a tough job and with 15 teams its hard to get everyone in.

You kidding leo? A 3 year old kid could pick a better team than that.

Kimber aside that wouldn't even be a strong backline for a finals team.

How do they pick the side, as in, who is responsible for picking it? I heard a whisper last year that at least 1 player from each side had to be included, is that correct? (excuse my ignorance, I don't know the players very well in your league)

In the NGFL, they get each senior coach to pick a team of the year, and then from those sides, the players that were picked most get into the official team of the year. Not without it's faults, but seems to work well.

Yeah they tend too. For example TTU's Thomas Lambert was named fullback even though when we played them Brett Szabo kicked 6 on him and the next game Jesse Bedggood kicked 5 on him, he is an ok player but when your side is weak and you are named in the best every week because you punched a few away and the ball is in your vicinity I don't think yuou are deserved of that position.

I named Ryan Carpenter in that position who probably only got in the best a couple of times but seemed to restrict the best forward players on nearly every occasion and in big games ie win over Gormandale, Rosedale v Heyfield (final 5 spot).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back