Eddie Betts' late hit on Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

He's gone. 4 weeks high contact high impact left the ground in order to hurt him. Contacted the head and concussing him. Wright subbed off immediately.

What a dog act.

Scum

Betts your a gutless w***er . How tough is wright he didn't want to come off. That boy is tough as nails . I'm watching the game with my 5 year old and am so loving telling him about these new future stars of ours

It was a head clash. Will get 2 weeks if he gets sited
Wasn't a head clash, Shoulder hit Wright in the head as well.

BKJIZ-nCIAEa8kb.jpg:large

wow. what is this? the season to iron out kids?

not only did betts show intent to hit the kid, but the ball was well and truely disposed of and wright was open. add to that he left the ground and wright had to be subbed, i think betts is looking at 3-4 weeks.

these hits on kids need to be stamped out. what ever happened to the unwritten law of protecting the kids. i know in the WAFL it still is, players from the same club often break ranks when that stuff occurs as they dont want other clubs doing it to their kids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lindsay thomas thread

thomas incident was a head clash. that was his only saving grace. betts broke all three rules:
1) late after the disposal and could have been avoided
2) left the ground
3) followed through with the elbow

player had to be subbed with concussion and has a suspected broken jaw

its a text book case on what the AFL is trying to avoid, oh and it was against a player that is in his first year with less than 10 games experience. eddie also has carry over points

something tells me eddie might win the jackpot at MRP Lotto next week

He is so overrated. If his career is half as good as milnes I will be amazed. Over hyped because he plays for the big fat slug club.

The incident happened in front of me, I was watching Betts to make sure Wright would get it off in time. He lined him up, left the ground, hit him late, hit him high, and hurt him. It was the act of someone frustrated because he was being blanketed and he couldn't get a touch. It was a dirty shot, and he deserves at least 4 when you factor in the effect it had on Wright.

Just to add, if he was interested in stopping the ball going downfield he would have tried to force Wright to come inboard, where Carlton had numbers. He was willing to let the handball go down the line to space in order to hit him. Good work Eddie, as Joey pointed out, we got a goal from that choice, and Wright learned a valuable lesson - that you're a sniping dog. Enjoy your ban

I think the most important thing here is the wellbeing of Wright. He's been invaluable this year, we're going to sorely miss him if he's out a few weeks. This is a clear cut case of 4 weeks, down to three with an early plea. Nothing redeeming about this. Betts is absolute scum (and seriously, not really that good of a player) and takes his frustration out on a 19 year old kid with a handful of games behind him. Nice one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie Betts' late hit on Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back