USAEagle

Club Legend
Feb 27, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Huskies Seahawks Mariners
I have just finished reading 'Dune' for the first time which was relly good - quite a hike, but a good book and I am wondering if anyone here recommends going on with the sequals?

I have just finished reading 'Dune' for the first time which was relly good - quite a hike, but a good book and I am wondering if anyone here recommends going on with the sequals?
It's stretching my memory, as I read 1 through 6 when 11 (23 years ago :eek: ), but they get progressively worse. Messiah and Children of Dune are ok, but by the time you hit the 4th its just becoming painful. I finally gave up part way through Heretics. Read 2 (it's the shortest of the lot) and see how you go. If they become a chore, stop reading them ;)

First will always be the best, but I also enjoyed the sequels. Just dont touch the god awful prequels, or 7th sequel.

It's stretching my memory, as I read 1 through 6 when 11 (23 years ago :eek: ), but they get progressively worse. Messiah and Children of Dune are ok, but by the time you hit the 4th its just becoming painful. I finally gave up part way through Heretics. Read 2 (it's the shortest of the lot) and see how you go. If they become a chore, stop reading them ;)

The 2nd one is so strange

Remove this Banner Ad

Back