Game Does anyone else here play Hattrick

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a team, Sainters, currently in Div IV of Oceania.
My league is very strong and I will probably be demoted back to Div V next season (after winning my league last season).

Hattrick is a soccer manager game.

You get a team (mostly crap), a crap coach, a small stadium, and some money.

You set about building a team by training in set skills, you can sell / buy players, coaches etc., you get money from sponsors, from the stadium, and slowly but eventually mostly through training players.

It is slow, but compelling. I love it, and I have no other interest in soccer.

I found out about it by playing an AFL managers game, where most of the people involved had already met through Hattrick.

Link

StKildonan said:
Hattrick is a soccer manager game.

You get a team (mostly crap), a crap coach, a small stadium, and some money.

You set about building a team by training in set skills, you can sell / buy players, coaches etc., you get money from sponsors, from the stadium, and slowly but eventually mostly through training players.

It is slow, but compelling. I love it, and I have no other interest in soccer.

I found out about it by playing an AFL managers game, where most of the people involved had already met through Hattrick.

Link

thanks

I had to quit Hattrick some time back, but I have just re-signed up and I am starting all over again in division VI. (Currently ranked 2 553 out of 2 614).

Aaah.. Hattrick. Those were the days. Used to love playing this game back in the day (circa 2000-02) when I had the time - one of the best web-based FM sims out there.

Remember logging on at odd hours just so I can buy some cheap guns off the transfer market prior to the deadline. It's major drawback is that it's slow moving and it can take several weeks for your players to train up levels - hard to find the time and effort to do that these days.

I had a team Scimitar United, but that was years ago now, probable 2004-2007? It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed the live match type feel of the news coming in about how your team was going. I did train up one of my youth players that made the youth world cup as a defender, I sort of let my team go to make sure he got all his training etc. I was great to see him get selected in a few games for Oceania. I sort of lost interest after that and havent been back since, thanks for a blast from the past.

Had a team from 2007 to 2011. Was pushing for promotion to Oceania III at that stage, and had some good players around the 'brilliant' and 'magnificent' abilities.

26-02-2012 Received a team.

w/d/l record: 132/15/42

won 4 x series championships at Div V level (not very strong)

16-05-2015 Was auto-locked on 16-05-2015 for prolonged inactivity.

17-05-2017 Received a new team.

currently sitting 4th in Div IV after winning my Div V series championship in my second season

this appears to be the level I get to fairly readily (Div IV) but I struggle to go further, having never won a Div IV series.

I am building quite nicely this time, although I am no threat to the better leagues in my series yet.

Maybe next season...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back