Toast Dilena appointed Chief Executive Officer

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to Carl, seemed like a planned handover, did a decent job at North so will be good to see his work here

Funky Carl. Hard not to be impressed by his track record at North. Eliminated debt, secured funding for and delivered the Arden St redevelopment, oversaw successful onfield performance (multiple prelims).

Importantly he's a business guy with footy experience, not a footy guy. So he'll let RTB and Misson do their thing. Which has really been the model of a lot of the successful clubs with a strong footy boss and a strong coach.

Funky Carl. Hard not to be impressed by his track record at North. Eliminated debt, secured funding for and delivered the Arden St redevelopment, oversaw successful onfield performance (multiple prelims).

Importantly he's a business guy with footy experience, not a footy guy. So he'll let RTB and Misson do their thing. Which has really been the model of a lot of the successful clubs with a strong footy boss and a strong coach.

Oh When the Saints did you hear his video, sounds good to me.

Anyone knows what happened to Simon Lethlean?

Seemed a very abrupt exit.
seemed pretty planned to me, Carl came in specifically to take over, Simon had some time to hand over, then buggered off.

says self employed on LinkedIn but I can't see all of it

Anyone knows what happened to Simon Lethlean?

Seemed a very abrupt exit.

if i re-call correctly... lethlean wanted to remain in control of the football dept. but we have gone for a model where we have someone in control of the football side and someone in control of the business side. the media seemed to paint a picture where Lyon was effectively in control of the football dept and Lethleans influence had been greatly diminished. which pissed lethlean off.

but tbh after the performance of the footy dept i'm surprised lethlean got promoted to CEO.

caro ran with a story that lethers suggested to bassat we have a joint head of footy split between Gags and Rath. if that's true he did very well to get even a minute of extra time in the seat.

seemed pretty planned to me, Carl came in specifically to take over, Simon had some time to hand over, then buggered off.

says self employed on LinkedIn but I can't see all of it

Not sure that's exactly the correct timeline.

Dilena was appointed as part of the St Kilda management team, then Lethlean "left", then club said they would look for a new CEO, then Dilena appointed as CEO.

Not sure that's exactly the correct timeline.

Dilena was appointed as part of the St Kilda management team, then Lethlean "left", then club said they would look for a new CEO, then Dilena appointed as CEO.

And Lethers originally came over from AFL house to be a CEO in waiting since Finnis was putting our name out there and signing contracts to be shunted, so we shoved him as AFL footy boss. Your point being exactly?

Sure, Dilena might have been put in a role, but as an ex CEO when a CEO position becomes available and it wasn't a scorched earth thing, you'd have to think they ear marked the potential before he got that job, not afterwards.

And Lethers originally came over from AFL house to be a CEO in waiting since Finnis was putting our name out there and signing contracts to be shunted, so we shoved him as AFL footy boss. Your point being exactly?

Sure, Dilena might have been put in a role, but as an ex CEO when a CEO position becomes available and it wasn't a scorched earth thing, you'd have to think they ear marked the potential before he got that job, not afterwards.
Carl was a team mate of Ross at Fitzroy where he moved into Admin after his footy career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back