Deej

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
I'd never ask this on sherdog as i'd get humiliated but I'm curious exactly what are the rules of K1? Is it a true MMA bout or is it just kickboxing? I'll delete this thread after i get the answer so i dont look like a dumbarse:)

I'd never ask this on sherdog as i'd get humiliated but I'm curious exactly what are the rules of K1? Is it a true MMA bout or is it just kickboxing? I'll delete this thread after i get the answer so i dont look like a dumbarse:)

Haha don't worry it took me ages to figure this one out and I'm still not completely sure. K1 is a kickboxing event. K1 Hero's is the MMA side arm to K1. People just intercahge the K1 part. As I haven't seen any K1 in yonks (when I was just getting into it) I'm not 100% but I think that's it.

It's basically a modified version of kick boxing/boxing/martial arts to 'supposedly' make it more even for all types of competitors and it's where some very good money is up for grabs compared to most of the other combat sports but it's far from true kickboxing or Muay Thai.

Wilpedia has a fair explanation here with the Different foms of Kickboxing and K-1

K1 Hero's is the MMA side arm to K1. People just intercahge the K1 part. As I haven't seen any K1 in yonks (when I was just getting into it) I'm not 100% but I think that's it.

You are right. K1 promotes MMA aswell under the K1 banner. There have been other MMA events which haven't been under the "Heros" banner but have shown a combination of MMA and Kickboxing bouts, such as the K1 Premium Dynamite!! Events. But Basically K1 shows MMA and Kickboxing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back