Darwin Football Association - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually in my first year of football outside of school and have been playing with Somerset in the DFA. Great club with a great atmosphere and two really good coaches and despite an underwhelming start to the season I think our senior side has the ability to push deep into the finals once the line up has settled (we've had changes to the 21 every week due to injuries and availability). I've had the opportunity to play 6 senior games, consecutively from round 2, and have enjoyed the challenge so far. I look forward to talking about the season with anyone else here who is involved/following it.

Actually in my first year of football outside of school and have been playing with Somerset in the DFA. Great club with a great atmosphere and two really good coaches and despite an underwhelming start to the season I think our senior side has the ability to push deep into the finals once the line up has settled (we've had changes to the 21 every week due to injuries and availability). I've had the opportunity to play 6 senior games, consecutively from round 2, and have enjoyed the challenge so far. I look forward to talking about the season with anyone else here who is involved/following it.

Good to see a young fella enjoying his footy. Keep working hard on the track with Timmy and listen and learn from the senior guys there. Enjoy your year mate :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

its been quiet on here has mooch got another job so he aint able to spend half a day on here. so what the news except for latham getting the rest of the year for man handling an ump. can anyone answer why his name was barry latham on the team sheet not garry or was queenie playing an unregestered player?????//

Incorrect Buddy, It appears they initially went to write a B on the sheet and then wrote a G over it, can clearly see it is Garry.

Does anyone know why there is no NWFA/DFA rep game this year? I've heard a few different stories but I was wondering if anyone knows the definate.

What are the story's that you have heard young man? Also how good is your DreamTeam?

Originally I heard that the NWFA were against all rep games this year. I then heard that they wanted to verse the NTFA. I've also heard that certain clubs in both leagues didn't want their players risking injuries in non-league games. Have you heard anything?

The DreamTeam is looking pretty good, I took two week break before The Eliminator started and notched up scores around the 1700 area, I'm still averaging around 2070. Once Dane Swan comes back my midfield will consist of Stanton, J Selwood, Swan, Pendlebury, Ablett and Boyd with Deledio, Scotland and Goddard up back and Franklin, Stevie J, Dustin Martin and Steele Sidebottom up forward. I'm the king and I'm going to take out the whole Eliminator this year! ;)

Does anyone know why there is no NWFA/DFA rep game this year? I've heard a few different stories but I was wondering if anyone knows the definate.

Darwin clubs opted not to have rep match this year. So for those players who would like to represent their league let your clubs know, so that the clubs and the league can organise rep footy again.

Darwin clubs opted not to have rep match this year. So for those players who would like to represent their league let your clubs know, so that the clubs and the league can organise rep footy again.
I reckon if the Combined game is tabled again for next year the DFA should consider a change of style with their guernsey.Nothing major as to take away from the Tradition bit maybe navy shorts and reverse the blue and white in the jumper,ie,the DFA on the front would then be navy on white instead of white on navy-food for thought anyway.Surely Ridgley have to be Premiership favourites and appeared to have snuck under the radar to a certain degree,also,Natone unlucky at the weekend being a mere 4 points off their previous record score

I reckon if the Combined game is tabled again for next year the DFA should consider a change of style with their guernsey.Nothing major as to take away from the Tradition bit maybe navy shorts and reverse the blue and white in the jumper,ie,the DFA on the front would then be navy on white instead of white on navy-food for thought anyway.Surely Ridgley have to be Premiership favourites and appeared to have snuck under the radar to a certain degree,also,Natone unlucky at the weekend being a mere 4 points off their previous record score

Having watched most of the games this year and got good feedback from coaches, it appears that between the top three, Ridgley, Natone and South, any three can rightfully claim premiership favoritism. All three have an excellent top class of players, and there worst isnt that bad at all and play there roles. It will be decided by the lesser players stepping up when it comes to finals, and who has the most legs come the end of the year on the bigger spaces at Wivenhoe.

Having watched most of the games this year and got good feedback from coaches, it appears that between the top three, Ridgley, Natone and South, any three can rightfully claim premiership favoritism. All three have an excellent top class of players, and there worst isnt that bad at all and play there roles. It will be decided by the lesser players stepping up when it comes to finals, and who has the most legs come the end of the year on the bigger spaces at Wivenhoe.

I've played against and lost to all three teams with Somerset this year, although it was only for a half against Natone and I didn't see the rest, but I think South Burnie is the stronger of the three teams. All 3 beat us pretty convincingly but I think if it wasn't for a bad start against Natone and some terrible kicking against Ridgley things may have been closer whereas South dominated us all day. With that being said with a lot to come back from injuries over the next few weeks, some more depth in our reserves we'll be a stronger side over the coming weeks and should be very competitive against these sides.

Actually the coach,one other player,and a few of their family and friends kicked the players door in entered and collectively bashed him.The whole town is in an uproar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually the coach,one other player,and a few of their family and friends kicked the players door in entered and collectively bashed him.The whole town is in an uproar.

Holy shit, did they sack the coach and the other player involved. That's nasty

A few changes to teams this week with some injuries and reports from last week. Natone v South looks to be the game of the round, Natone got the choccies last time, but South have been impressive especially last week in the wet. Unfortunate news for the pies with Smarty getting hurt, hopefully his recovery goes well. Yeoman and Yolla could be interesting, depending if Yolla remain consistent and have they turned the corner after last week???? Yeoman will be looking for consecutive wins, and they will need to win to stay in the hunt for that fifth spot. Be interesting if Queenie can field another strong team at home to knock off the Roos. Wondering if the injuries that Ridgley sustained in the last couple of weeks can derail their plans for top spot??

I've been told they bashed him in front of his girlfriend/wife and child because he was considering leaving.
I've also heard the Drake brothers are leaving too and that all three (the Drake's and Dennis) are coming to Somerset.

They tell me jake brakey has gone back to south burnie .. Does anyone know why he left penguin

My mail is that committing NTFL footy was having a impact on his young family and he didnt feel at home at Penguin. Huge lost for the "Two Blues" who really needed him through their midfield. Hopefully the Two Blues can get back on track and Jake have a good season at South Burnie. Shame for Jake not to be able to have a go at a higher level, shame for the blues not to have him on their list However, life goes on. The sun will rise in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back