Daniel Motlop (Past Players)

Remove this Banner Ad

Must have been on Ritalin in the Slowdown then. Just wanted to talk to his opponents, f^&* chasing the ball. :mad:

As soon as a decision failed to go his way he would see red and would be completely useless on the field. His demeanor was always terrible, and the way he spoke to the players was atrocious, it was a good idea to get him over to Meningie but in the end it was a big flop.

See MOTLOP: I'll play in grand final where he says "... I'm changing the way I go now," he said. "I'll be backing off and pulling back when it comes to a contest in a bid to stay out of trouble ....".
Seems he might have said that a few times before.

He's been let off on a technicality, lucky man, should buy a x-lotto ticket if he gets off after the club meeting.
Source
The Northern Territory Football League says a technicality in the rules of the game will save former AFL player Daniel Motlop from a lifetime ban.
The NTFL tribunal slapped Motlop with a nine-week suspension last night for two incidents that saw him sent from the field in a match between his club Wanderers and St Marys on Sunday
It says rules stipulate a player must be sent a warning letter after passing an accumulated 10-week suspension mark.
NTFL community football manager Anthony Venes says Motlop was not sent a warning letter and, therefore, cannot be be banned for life.
"It will mean that next time he is suspended, he will be deregistered," he said.
Wanderers club representatives are meeting today to discuss the issues surrounding Motlop's nine-week suspension.
More

Caught the back end of a report on TV about how the magpie goose is becoming a much sought after as a menu item at many posh restaurants. It seems Daniel is involved in an indigenous program to catch & supply this bird. They said it is fabulous eating

Caught the back end of a report on TV about how the magpie goose is becoming a much sought after as a menu item at many posh restaurants. It seems Daniel is involved in an indigenous program to catch & supply this bird. They said it is fabulous eating

sounds like a good story maybe worthy of the main (Port) board

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-04/ex-afl-star-daniel-motlop-goose-meat-project/7065324

At a shed in a small Indigenous community an hour out of Darwin, Motlop and eight other Indigenous people have set up an operation to slaughter, pluck and gut the magpie geese, before sending them south on ice.

It is a fairly efficient operation, taking about an hour to process 20 geese.

The only bottleneck is trapping enough geese to meet the demand. Health regulations mean they have to be trapped, not shot. So far, the geese are proving annoyingly smart.

they're playing 9 v 20 footy against a hoard of Magpie Geese and the Darwin All-Stars are coming out on top. :D amazing

Daniel has been expanding the wild food enterprise beyond magpie geese and has a stall in the Central Market now as well as contracts with leading restaurants.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...d/news-story/64c78fcc87c34d48940483a543851941

Along with his father Eddie and brothers Shannon and Steven, they then bought into Something Wild and now own majority share and employ more than 40 people, mostly indigenous, in the NT and SA.
“We’ve got green ants now and we’ve teamed up with the Adelaide Hills distillery for a green ant gin and wattle seed beer,” he said.
Green ants have been used by Aboriginal people for decades to treat colds by crushing them and putting them in tea and earlier this month they were in a cheese as part of the Tasting Australia festival.
Also in Motlop’s shop is everything from kangaroo steaks to wallaby salami, emu fritz, smoked crocodile, alpaca backstrap, wild boar sausages and camel steak - which they regularly sell out of.
“We’re in 120 restaurants in Australia now, we deal with Heston’s, supplied a pop-up restaurant in Sydney, and we’ve put in for some big contracts which we’re hoping we’ll get,” he said.

Apparently the produce is good for trading with Robbie Gray for footy boots too ;)

“I send Robbie Gray some green ant gin because I still get his old boots when I have a game every now and then.
“I’ve always found his boots just perfect to slot into. One year when I was there I needed some boots for training and I put his on and they were just perfect.
“So now I give him some gin to put on the shelf and he gives me one or two pairs.”

Must admit, being an NT boy originally, that list of stuff they sell in their shop gets my mouth watering... Might have to wander down the the central markets and pick up some food :)

daniel motlop taste of the wild.jpg
TASTE OF THE WILD: Daniel Motlop and Lachlan Mackinnon cook kangaroo and barramundi.
Picture: ROY VANDERVEGT/AAP

"[Daniel] will share his knowledge of game meats, greens, native foods and indigenous culture at Scoffed Cooking School in St Morris tomorrow.

“We are trying to introduce these native ingredients and show people that there are a lot of products you can use at home in terms of the greens, and great produce that people have never been able to get before,” Mr Motlop, 36, of Lockleys, said."

Scoff Something Wild

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the gin craze seems to be in full swing

what a great drink and the history behind the drink from "dutch courage", medicine and through to be part of globalisation..............oh and it taste's good to.

the gin craze seems to be in full swing

what a great drink and the history behind the drink from "dutch courage", medicine and through to be part of globalisation..............oh and it taste's good to.
Yes gin serms to be flavour of the month. Quick to produce too and I was told that to be considered true gin it must be flavoured with juniper berries? I actually haven't tried it..must do.

Yes gin serms to be flavour of the month. Quick to produce too and I was told that to be considered true gin it must be flavoured with juniper berries? I actually haven't tried it..must do.

Yep

The word gin is the English shortened word of Jenever (berry) which is the juniper berry.

It’s actually just vodka with botanics for flavouring.

Went looking for a few shots of Daniel to show that Steven celebrates goals the same way and found a few great other shots. From AFL Photos

http://www.aflphotos.com.au/galleries/results/?q=Daniel+Motlop

10347.jpg

10341.jpg

40484.jpg

12345.jpg

13509.jpg

17327.jpg

155434.jpg

180490.jpg

208161.jpg

224878.jpg

A couple of Darwin boys in 2011