Cricket Thread: Twenty20 World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we can end the Smith as opener thing now
Doesn’t matter where he’s batting in the order, reaction time and his eye have pretty much gone like we’ve seen with the majority of Australia’s finest beforehand (Ponting, Border, Taylor, Waugh x2 ect.). They still on very rare occasions remind you of what they done in the past; Ponting, Steve Waugh, Taylor & Border all scored great hundreds in the 12 months before they retired but other than those milestones all looked very ugly at the crease over that period.

I think we can end the Smith as opener thing now
His problem is his huge movement from leg to off before the ball is bowled.

Just setting himself up for LBW regardless of where he bats in the order.

Edit - what Firewalker said.

His problem is his huge movement from leg to off before the ball is bowled.

Just setting himself up for LBW regardless of where he bats in the order.

Edit - what Firewalker said.
He really seems to be unable to judge the length of the ball now which is going to be terminal for him especially opening the batting.

Well this isn't going to last long. Start of play delayed by an hour. Then in the 2nd over Marsh is dropped, with Head getting out the very next ball.

Australia now 5/80, needing another 199 to win... with Glenn Maxwell back home in Australia.
Head is having a few poor scores under him atm. Some players are lucky no one in Australia is pushing them to get in. Thae Kiwis are bowling well. Poor Carey is in a dark place atm. Needs a big batting score.

Head is having a few poor scores under him atm. Some players are lucky no one in Australia is pushing them to get in. Thae Kiwis are bowling well. Poor Carey is in a dark place atm. Needs a big batting score.
Head was one of only two players to score a century during the Australian summer... yet he still managed to finish with the least runs of all our top-6 batsmen (excluding Green, who only played 2 tests). His lean run has continued in NZ.

His batting style is either feast or famine. He takes chances, and tries to belt the cover off every delivery. He looks a million dollars when it comes off - but more often than not he's being dismissed for low scores, in many cases throwing his wicket away with breathtakingly stupid shot selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australia now at 5/174, still needing another 105 to win. This game is going down to the wire. Both Carey & Marsh have made it to 50, and appear reasonably well set, so we're not without a chance if they can keep going.
Carey needs to a ton for us to win i reckon.

Last edited:
do you mind where they come from , Or do I need to check their passport ?
Season 1 What GIF by Nanalan'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back