Past Clinton Benjamin

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 20. Clinton Benjamin - Gilly1972

you should hes a funny guy, and use to read a bit of big footy.

Oh god, i hope i didn't give him any bad press pre-draft last year :eek: .

In fact IIRC I picked him up for Melbourne at #30 in the BF phantom draft.

CB needs at least another month in the VFL before he gets a game in the seniors. His kicking would have the trolls on the main board comparing Walker to Darren Jarman.

One of his goals was Digby's from a set shot right out in front, whilst the another was from a good kick near where Hampson kicked that goal on the boundary line.

But further in.

I think he ran into an open goal square to kick his third goal. :confused:

I wasn't that impressed given the hype but he's a project player and an athlete learning the game.

CB needs at least another month in the VFL before he gets a game in the seniors. His kicking would have the trolls on the main board comparing Walker to Darren Jarman.

One of his goals was Digby's from a set shot right out in front, whilst the another was from a good kick near where Hampson kicked that goal on the boundary line.

But further in.

I think he ran into an open goal square to kick his third goal. :confused:

I wasn't that impressed given the hype but he's a project player and an athlete learning the game.

Some people are flowering hard to please :mad:

How has Clinton been going at training? Anyone keeping an eye on him or have a fair idea of how he is travelling? I am a benji fan and believe he has what it takes to be a great player for our developing squad. Unfortunately I have not seen training this pre season but have seen pics of him in awesome condition. :thumbsu:

How has Clinton been going at training? Anyone keeping an eye on him or have a fair idea of how he is travelling? I am a benji fan and believe he has what it takes to be a great player for our developing squad. Unfortunately I have not seen training this pre season but have seen pics of him in awesome condition. :thumbsu:
Meh ... he's alright

Yep. He's got to significantly improve on his disposal if he's any chance.

Seen Clinton a few times at training this year. Pleased to report his field kicking seems to have improved considerably. Still prone to spraying or over-kicking a few, but on the whole he is looking a lot more sound.......we need to get him with the boxing gloves on and develop a bit of mongrel now :):thumbsu:

Looks OK to me....

CFC3Jan2008037.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is going on with Benjamin? I do realise he has spent quite some time on the injury list this year, but is he coming along as well as hoped or has his developement stalled to the point he may be delisted?

If I remember correctly, he was considered one of the 'steals' of the draft at such a late pick...

Hamstring at the moment.

Didnt play last weekend.

Been playing reserves up until then, and hasnt played a league match since round 10.

Will he get delisted...?

What are the chances of him being rookie listed by Carlton or re-drafted?

I hope we don't delist him just yet i don't know what sort of contract he's on but with everything that's i've heard here he looks to have enormous potential.

Injuries have been his thing at the moment but i think we owe it to ourselves to keep him on. Even it is just to see how he copes with AFL footy.

I hope we don't delist him just yet i don't know what sort of contract he's on
As of the end of October, the non-existant type unless we re-sign him. Could be sent home in part of a package for Warnock......possibility to be rookied.:thumbsu:

Hoped we could still get another year in him. To get his body right and play a game of senior footy. It wasn't to be. Possibility someone might pick him up but i doubt it. good Luck Benji on your future. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back