Roast Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know what will happen at the end of the year but how about for now we swap him with Garlett or Eddie for that matter.

If Eddie's out this week give Yarran his spot and see what he can do. He's shown before he's effective close to goal and if Eddie stays push Garlett up the ground where he can go on those long runs he likes. Yazz would be just as effective if not more so around goal and has cleaner skills than Jeffrey anyway.

While I've advocated a wing previously and others are talking about throwing him in the middle I can only assume his lack of a tank wont allow it and TBH he may never develop a big enough tank. Some people just can't run forever, just like Maclean will never run fast.

If the MC Don't get rid of at least one of Eddie or Jeff at least change it up a little ffs.

Pretty sure Yazz was a small forward for Swans, how about we actually let him play there. He and Jeff could even rotate between the wing and the pocket.

One thing that pisses me off with the modern game is the blind adherence to the 'structures'. The most creative coaches seem to get these days in game is to swap a back man forward.

Don't know what will happen at the end of the year but how about for now we swap him with Garlett or Eddie for that matter.

If Eddie's out this week give Yarran his spot and see what he can do. He's shown before he's effective close to goal and if Eddie stays push Garlett up the ground where he can go on those long runs he likes. Yazz would be just as effective if not more so around goal and has cleaner skills than Jeffrey anyway.

While I've advocated a wing previously and others are talking about throwing him in the middle I can only assume his lack of a tank wont allow it and TBH he may never develop a big enough tank. Some people just can't run forever, just like Maclean will never run fast.

If the MC Don't get rid of at least one of Eddie or Jeff at least change it up a little ffs.

Pretty sure Yazz was a small forward for Swans, how about we actually let him play there. He and Jeff could even rotate between the wing and the pocket.

One thing that pisses me off with the modern game is the blind adherence to the 'structures'. The most creative coaches seem to get these days in game is to swap a back man forward.

Where did he play on Friday o_O

Hard to tell from TV but forward - so what does taking Eddie's spot mean?
I say Sub again to remind him of the intensity he must bring to be in the 21

Having not seen the game I'll have to take your word for it in terms of sending him a message re lack of intensity or whatever he did he shouldn't have, but in terms of Eddie's spot; he (who may be out injured anyway) and Jeffrey have done squat for long enough and I was never a fan of Ratten letting them play through their doldrums, at least not as long as he did.

If Yarran has earned another smack so be it but after that why not put him up front, preferably swapping Garlett out to go further up field.

Only after they tried to trade him & ended up with no takers, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Which is why we can't afford to be too hasty in moving certain talented players on.

Collingwood rejected him because they thought he was too injury prone. Trying to trade him did make him push himself harder though.

You know things are shit when you have to point other players to defend him.

I reckon Carlton may well have destroyed a bunch of potentially A grade players because of perhaps are too many imbalances in the total list. Like a recipe or a portfolio too much of one thing and not enough of another can lead to a disaster.

• Too much pressure on the team every week because there have been no structural rewards for appropriate behaviours - too often the outcomes are not in proportion to inputs.
  • How long can a team be top4 in clearances in tackles and inside 50's - but bottom eight in rewards via points scored percentages, because basically the talls can't take their marks and kick their goals - before all players get disheartened?
  • How long can players forced to play inside or tagging roles - make up for the lack of defensive effort or efficiency on players who seem to want to play 'outside' and not get their own ball or adequately cover their own man before some inside players start to at the margin ease off as well?

I wonder sometimes if every Carlton player can point a finger at some other Carlton player(s) and say I wish you would do this or that better because I am sick and tired of having to carry you ?

Finally how long does this have to go on for before players become totally disheartened and play well enough to be a tad better than other Carlton players - but giving no care about having to be better than their opponents?

Malthouse said that Carlton had a lot of introverted types, quiet nice boys. I am sure they are.

Only after they tried to trade him & ended up with no takers, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Which is why we can't afford to be too hasty in moving certain talented players on.
Johnson turned the corner and lived up to his talents after they suspended him for five weeks for being drunk in public.

Yarran wants to make it after he was the only player from that documentary to be drafted and play AFL. Yet he does need to become more competitive and consistent. Mick seems to be a fan of Robinson, McInnes and Menzel who are determined players. McInnes has made it back quicker from a knee reconstruction quicker than I expected.

Mick practically called Yarran soft in the loss to Essendon because he showed he was hurt. We've all seen great examples of players trying to shrug off an injury and show leadership. Yazz does need to become harder mentally. Should be determined enough considering he was the only player to be drafted after being part of Three Boys Dreaming.

I reckon Carlton may well have destroyed a bunch of potentially A grade players because of perhaps are too many imbalances in the total list. Like a recipe or a portfolio too much of one thing and not enough of another can lead to a disaster.

• Too much pressure on the team every week because there have been no structural rewards for appropriate behaviours - too often the outcomes are not in proportion to inputs.
  • How long can a team be top4 in clearances in tackles and inside 50's - but bottom eight in rewards via points scored percentages, because basically the talls can't take their marks and kick their goals - before all players get disheartened?
  • How long can players forced to play inside or tagging roles - make up for the lack of defensive effort or efficiency on players who seem to want to play 'outside' and not get their own ball or adequately cover their own man before some inside players start to at the margin ease off as well?

I wonder sometimes if every Carlton player can point a finger at some other Carlton player(s) and say I wish you would do this or that better because I am sick and tired of having to carry you ?

Finally how long does this have to go on for before players become totally disheartened and play well enough to be a tad better than other Carlton players - but giving no care about having to be better than their opponents?

Malthouse said that Carlton had a lot of introverted types, quiet nice boys. I am sure they are.

All of this makes me look at Geelong who after getting criticized for their defense came out and strangled Freo and Hawthorn ( lowest score in over a year ) because they didn't want to be seen as one way runners. Media call Carlton soft and most of them don't seem to care enough to prove people otherwise.

Happy Birthday.

Yarran arguably needs to cut down on the X factor and start playing like Robinson, Kreuzer, Bell and Judd. A player who can rag doll Ryan Griffen and other players should be throwing his weight around. Sifting through games, you see Yarran lift Griffen and Melksham off the ground and slam them after tackling them. Isn't a rake like Garlett, Lewis Jetta, Hill, Isaac Smith, Kane Lucas, Bennell and other speedsters. Hope he knows how good he could be.

Happy Birthday.

Yarran arguably needs to cut down on the X factor and start playing like Robinson, Kreuzer, Bell and Judd. A player who can ragdoll Ryan Griffen and other players should be throwing his weight around. Sifting through games, you see Yarran lift Griffen and Melksham off the ground and slam them after tackling them. Isn't a rake like Garlett, Lewis Jetta, Hill, Isaac Smith, Bennell and other speedsters. Hope he knows how good he could be.

:thumbsu:

Happy Birthday.

Yarran arguably needs to cut down on the X factor and start playing like Robinson, Kreuzer, Bell and Judd. A player who can ragdoll Ryan Griffen and other players should be throwing his weight around. Sifting through games, you see Yarran lift Griffen and Melksham off the ground and slam them after tackling them. Isn't a rake like Garlett, Lewis Jetta, Hill, Isaac Smith, Bennell and other speedsters. Hope he knows how good he could be.
Beats up criminals who hold him up at knife point for fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back