Changing career

Remove this Banner Ad

Giddy Up

All Australian
May 26, 2006
victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have been in my current career in property for almost 12 years, but im starting to lose my enjoyment in it. I have no degree and on decent money (mid hundreds), I would like to maintain a similar lifestyle. Any advise on changing, or how any fields that pay well without much in the way of qualifications?

I have been in my current career in property for almost 12 years, but im starting to lose my enjoyment in it. I have no degree and on decent money (mid hundreds), I would like to maintain a similar lifestyle. Any advise on changing, or how any fields that pay well without much in the way of qualifications?

What area of property do you currently work in? I work in property and absolutely love it. There are so many different areas you could potentially transfer in to, love it and thrive as well. Generally those that work in property have built up a large database of
contacts as well so often a degree isn’t needed to progress or transfer in to something different but related

I assume you work in sales? I think natural salespeople don't have too much difficulty switching industries.

I'm looking to move from construction to development. Getting over the 6 day work weeks.. Has anyone done something similar? My degree is in property and not eng/construction which helps.

I work in asset management, day to day operations, just really over the stress and a bit stumped on the next move.
This is essentially corporate talk for property management but on a higher level?

Can you speak to your employer about shifting in another party if the business like development? Presumably that's what they are.

I'm looking to move from construction to development. Getting over the 6 day work weeks.. Has anyone done something similar? My degree is in property and not eng/construction which helps.
I moved across from accountancy to development and have never looked back, absolutely love it

Started out as an analyst running feasibilities for a large state owned Chinese developer to now owning a 10% shareholding as a director at a small boutique developer i’ve just started with my old boss and with financial backing from a south african jewish group

Being in development is one of those rare things where you enjoy going to work every day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back