Competition CCCC Round 11: North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbbourne + North Carolina Panthers

Connection: both teams have "North" in there names.

Home, just something i made up
uhg.png

Away, again something i just made up haha :thumbsu:
jfjtg.png

North Melbbourne + North Carolina Panthers

Connection: both teams have "North" in there names.

Um Gocats quick question is the North Carolina Panthers the NFL team?

If so, they are actually the Carolina Panthers as they represent both states (North and South Carolina) but if you go with they play their games in North Carolina then you have a connection.

The North Melbourne Lobos
Mexico State Uni Lobos + NMFC
Connection - New Mexico's initials are N.M.
Logo
jr7mgw.png

Home
4rumav.png

Away
fctnop.png

sl6yjb.png

North Melbourne Kangaroos + Southern Redbacks =
NORTHERN REDBACKS

Connection: North's president, James Brayshaw, played cricket for South Australia (now known as the Redbacks).

Redbacks.png

Home: Based on North's old preseason/away jumper, uses the Redbacks logo.
Alternate: Spider-influenced design (web) in Kangas colours. (Originally I did it in red and black but it looks pretty badass in North colours)
Heritage: North's strip in Redbacks colours.

North Melbourne Kangaroos (AFL)
+
Texas Longhorns (NCAA)

North Melbourne Longhorns

Connection: Kangaroos are the national symbol of Australia, the Longhorn cattle is the state symbol of Texas. So both have animal symbols as their nicknames.

North-Melbourne-Longhorns-logo.png

North-Melbourne-Longhorns-home.png

North-Melbourne-Longhorns-away.png

North-Melbourne-Longhorns-combined.png

Um Gocats quick question is the North Carolina Panthers the NFL team?

If so, they are actually the Carolina Panthers as they represent both states (North and South Carolina) but if you go with they play their games in North Carolina then you have a connection.
yeh on wikipedia it said that they are based in north carolina so yeh, but thanks for the help

oh a btw Im Gocats#1 i had to make a new account cause bigfooty was accepting my password or anything so yeh my new name is BennyW:thumbsu:

North Melbourne Kangaroos + Philadelphia Eagles
Connestion: both mascots are there countrys national mascot, AUS=kangaroos USA=Eagles
North Melbounre Eagles

Home, based on Kangaroos home but with eagles colour shceme and some extras
gfsdgfsy.png

Away, based on my Local Clubs jersey (Mt.Gravatt Vultures) but with eagles logo and colours
hfgdhgfj.png

Pre Season/ Heritage, based on the North Melbourne heritage but with eagles colours and logo
hghgf.png

jhgiyhg.png

yeh on wikipedia it said that they are based in north carolina so yeh, but thanks for the help

oh a btw Im Gocats#1 i had to make a new account cause bigfooty was accepting my password or anything so yeh my new name is BennyW:thumbsu:

It is possible to get you're password changed, trust me, I've done it a million times:D

North Melbourne Rebels

Rebels-Logo.jpg

North Melbourne Kangaroos and the Melbourne Rebels. The connection is that both teams have "Melbourne" in their names.

Home
North-Melbourne-Rebels-Home.jpg

(Open image in new tab to view full size)

Based on North's current home guernsey with the stars from the Rebels home jersey.

Away/Clash
North-Melbourne-Rebels-Away.jpg

Based on North's Pre-Season guernsey from 1995, again with the Rebels stars included.

Combined-1.jpg

The North Melbourne Suns
Argentina Soccer team + NMFC
Connection - North's clash is sometimes called the argentina guernsey
Logo
155s87a.png

Home
wink2s.png

Away
vrzwno.png

34rzz9l.png

Heart of North Melbourne F.C
Heart of Midlothian F.C (scottish premier league) + NMFC
Connection - There is a street in Edinburgh called Arden street.
(Edinburgh is where Midlothian F.C are based)
Logo
4imqdz.png

Home
29575gz.png

Away
2eyhrnr.png

2uzx95d.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne + Melbourne Victory (A-League)

North Melbourne Kangaroos

Connection: both teams are in victoria

HOME:
hgjrfg.png

AWAY:
hgd.jpg

Pre Season:
jgjyhf.jpg

hghfgh.jpg

North Melbourne Heart

Logo.jpg

North Melbourne Kangaroos combined with Melbourne Heart from the A-League. Like my first entry, the connection is that both teams feature the name "Melbourne."

Home
Based on the Heart's home jersey, which has 9 vertical stripes, featuring the combined colours of the two teams, red, blue and white.

NMH-Home.jpg

(open image in new window for full size)

Away/Clash
Based on the Heart's away jersey, however the sash is split into red and blue to feature all the club colours as well as carrying on to the back.

NMH-Away.jpg

Pre-Season
Based on the current North home jersey, 3 main stripes, featuring the combined club colours.

NMH-PreSeason.jpg

North Melbourne Heart

Combination.jpg

(open image in new window for full size)​

Samoa Kangaroos Football Club

North Melbourne (AFL) + Samoa Kangaroos (SARFA)
Obvious reasoning behind the decision. ;)

Home
F.jpg

Clash
FHGHGH.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

North Melbourne Kangaroos + FC Barcelona

Connection: both teams come from the second city in their country e.g. When you think on Spain you think of Madrid then Barcelona, when you think of Australia you think of Sydney then Melbounre.

FC NORTH MELBOUNRE

Home: Just something i made up, the reason for the cross is because FC Barcelona have a cross in thier logo
gfdh.png

AWAY: just a re-colour of the current home
nfjjgj.png

bgdhnn.gif

Connection: both teams come from the second city in their country e.g. When you think on Spain you think of Madrid then Barcelona, when you think of Australia you think of Sydney then Melbounre.

I don't.

North Melbourne Kangaroos + FC Barcelona

FC NORTH MELBOUNRE

Home: Just something i made up, the reason for the cross is because FC Barcelona have a cross in thier logo
gfdh.png

AWAY: just a re-colour of the current home
nfjjgj.png

bgdhnn.gif

I don't mind the connection, but I wouldn't have guessed it was merged with Barca if you hadn't mentioned it - there's pretty much nothing that's particularly striking of theirs in this, at all.

North Melbourne Kangaroos + Northern Mystics =

NORTH MELBOURNE MYSTICS

Mystics.png

Final entry from me in this comp links up the NZ-based Mystics from the ANZ Championship netball.
Home is Mystics colours (blue with red sides) plus white stripes for North.
Away is Mystics inverse (red with blue sides). Mystics probably use this as clash but I'm invoking the "red-could-be-dark" clause here and just making it an away. I figure in the same circumstance, white shorts for away team can be abandoned.
I still wanted a true white clash strip though because I felt I had two "dark" strips. My skills aren't quite up to making curved "claw marks" or "feathers" so I merged the Mystics' swooshes with Roo stripes. Back looks a bit plain but the idea is to avoid clashes, and anything I put there would probably be a bit busy.
I thought about going back and then altering my home and away jumpers to match the clash, but I'm kind of happy with the simplicity of those as it is.

EDIT: Forgot to add the link - both are "North" in name.
Only thought of it because I just got another idea for a kit... wonder if I'll make it in time! :)

North Melbourne Kangaroos + North Queensland Fury =

North Melbourne Fury

Connection: Both are "North" of somewhere.
Dubious: One has been ousted by its league due to being unsustainable. Another is unsustainable but hasn't been ousted yet.

Fury.png

Home strip shouldn't have a clash in AFL! It's green and greener... it's the Fury's home strip with stripes added.
Rather than do a simple reversal for a clash strip, I decided this could also be a quasi-Kangaroos-respect strip (like Brisbane's red strip is a nod to Fitzroy). So it's the Fury away strip in Roos colours, with stripes retained on the back. I used navy blue as a nod to North's VFA colours: it has more history than a light blue does.

Kangaroos Of Bremen Football Club

North Melbourne Kangaroos of the AFL, and Bundesliga side Werder Bremen, merge to create the first ever AFL club outside of Australia. The connection between the two is in the number of titles won by each - four.

tumblr_li1iuo3AxS1qfvqs2o1_400.png

tumblr_li1iuc44JX1qfvqs2o1_500.png

The home strip combines the colours of North Melbourne, with a previous Bremen home design.
tumblr_li1iu4uvdd1qfvqs2o1_500.png

The away jumper combines the colours of each club into the chevron design of old North Melbourne.
tumblr_li1iuhoe4I1qfvqs2o1_500.png

The clash jumper is a version of the current Bremen home strip. It features an 'electrified' chevron.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back