Remove this Banner Ad

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Went to the video shop and wanted to get 5 weekly films, but couldn't think of 5 poker films. The guy there wasn't much help, and they actually didn't have much anyway. So I thought I'd create a list. Who knows of other films?

All In
Amarillo Slim
A Big Hand For The Little Lady
The Cincinatti Kid
Croupier
The Gambler
Kaleidoscope
Luckytown
Lucky You
Maverick
Rounders
Shade
Stuey aka High Roller: The Stu Ungar Story
Sunset Trail

I haven't seen all of these films so am not 100% sure that they are indeed card films.

And here's an article about poker movies, I'll add to the above list later.

The Hustler - pool film

The only movie I've seen in that list - of course - is Rounders, and the only other I've even heard of before is Maverick.

However, I believe a movie is being made about Stu Ungar, and I read somewhere that Eric Bana is going to star in a "romantic comedy set in the world of professional poker".

Crosby87 said:
However, I believe a movie is being made about Stu Ungar

it's available on dvd ... called High Roller: The Stu Ungar Story

I've got it on dvd and didn't mind it. A pretty cheasy ready-made for tv type of movie. But if you enjoy poker and are interested in the background of who many experts claim as the best holdem player of all time, then it's a good couple of hours.

it's available on dvd ... called High Roller: The Stu Ungar Story

No, there's another one being made called "One of A Kind". It's a book being adapted into a movie.

Oh, the Eric Bana movie also stars Drew Barrymore and is called "Lucky You".

And, there's also going to be a movie made about Amarillo Slim, starring Nicholas Cage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back