News Brian ****ing Cook?

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't believe the sums you read in the press or that our offer amounted to too much more.

There's a history re Cookie and Geelong involving matters not directly associated with the Club that may have played a part in him staying. I wouldn't be surprised that his age had something to do with it too. But make no mistake he's a superlative administrator. We were in deep doo-doos when he arrived and the manner in which he quickly almost halved a sizeable debt through skilfull negotiation with two banks was just one of his terrific achievements.

Hasn't this bloke been at the helm when a club captain, Brownlow Medallist and premiership coach have all walked out on the club?

Get back to me when he saves your club from relocation, builds a completely new facility and increases your membership by 35% whilst undertaking a complete rebuild.

I might be impressed then.

you tried to steal a CEO off a club that earned over 20 million dollars more in revenue.. it was only a matter of how much we wanted to keep him, your club doesnt have the money to steal quality staff from us that we want to retain

Funny that, I thought it was the AFL who were paying him to come to North. We rely on handouts don't we?

This from a supporter of a club who received a $134m handout from the state government.

That can't be true though, nothing is worth over $1m in Geelong.

Funny that, I thought it was the AFL who were paying him to come to North. We rely on handouts don't we?

This from a supporter of a club who received a $134m handout from the state government.

im just stating the facts, we have much more revenue and are financially more healthy than north, the last financial statement has north melbourne earning 26 million revenue the worst of any victorian club, geelong earnt 48 million dollars of revenue, almost double norths profit, comparing our wealth to yours isnt in the same ball park. so if you honestly think that you can walk up to much bigger financialy stronger clubs and steal their best staff, you need to think twice and be more realistic aiming a little lower

What was that for
A community facility

Much like your club rooms were a joke till a handout was provided

And it was our own players who called hem a joke

Have a look at what some posted on our board
By the way the personal abuse here is lovely

Be the grown up of the situation and stay off our board then?

Hasn't this bloke been at the helm when a club captain, Brownlow Medallist and premiership coach have all walked out on the club?

Get back to me when he saves your club from relocation, builds a completely new facility and increases your membership by 35% whilst undertaking a complete rebuild.

I might be impressed then.
I think Cook is a good operator, but history might view him differently if the Premier was a Hawthorn supporter.

I too think the hardest part has already been done. The pipe dream got built and we are well under way with a renovation of the ground itself.

$1million seems like a hell of a lot of money to pay someone at this stage given all thats already been achieved.

I love that we're being talked down to on our board.

Whilst that's true, we also have the minority that let the whole NMFC supporter group down flooding other boards with utter rubbish so it's hardly surprising we receive it in return.

As for Cook, well it was a good move to try and get him and it didn't work out. Would have preferred to keep it quiet than have the media involved, but so be it. Either way, it appears we are on the way up and Geel are on the way down so it's still a really positive outlook for NMFC regardless of where Cook works :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's news for geelong that cook stays, it's not news for us. Subject closed.

Whilst that's true, we also have the minority that let the whole NMFC supporter group down flooding other boards with utter rubbish so it's hardly surprising we receive it in return.

Be that as it may, the Geelong posters would do well to remember where they are.

I think Cook is a good operator, but history might view him differently if the Premier was a Hawthorn supporter.

I too think the hardest part has already been done. The pipe dream got built and we are well under way with a renovation of the ground itself.

$1million seems like a hell of a lot of money to pay someone at this stage given all thats already been achieved.

Seriously, what would have he brought to the club anyway?

The million dollar claims are ridiculous.

Of course. Control NM board as you (+) see fit OF :thumbsu:

My point was that I regularly cringe when I read other boards and rubbish from the usual suspects......not that it makes it right in return, but again, hardly surprising it happens.
Trigg may be available!

Trigg may be available!

The AFL would love that. Trigg and NM joining forces, that'd keep addy anderson and co busy for at least 12 months.

Didn't the federal government contribute 10 million to the development of kardinia park through a regional development fund.Geelong
has done well to get other people from other clubs, like bomber thompson, neil balme and even brian cook. I hope we can get a young energetic CEO, with some vision.

Geelong have benefitted enormously from having Bracks & Baillieu (Cats supporters) as premiers.

Enormously is an understatement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back