All Australian
Aug 21, 2001
house
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
GEELONG - Fighting On
Brett Hart

Can people tell me the story re: Brett "the Hitman" Hart, i saw him Spit at Vince and make a WCW gesture with his finger.

Can somebody fill me in and is He coming back to WWF to fight the good fight against the NWO

thank you

Ah yes,
the famous Hart/McMahon screw-over.
I actually have the documentary on that. (Hitman Hart-Wrestling With Shadows)

in 1997, WCW offered Bret a HUGE pay-rise to jump ship from the WWF.

WWF offered him a contract which was considerablly smaller, however, Bret decided to take the pay-cut and stay with the WWF as he believed he owed it to Vince and he loved the WWF.

About a month later, Vince came to Bret and said we can't afford you anymore, im sorry, you should try and get your old contract with WCW etc. Bret thought that Vince was lying that they 'couldn't afford him anymore' but none the less, he got a contract with WCW as he basically had no-where else to go. He was happy with the WWF and very saddened that he had to go.

At the time he was the WWF champion, and his last PPV with the WWF was going to be in Montreal in front of his own country people who love him.

Bret was facing HBK Shawn Michaels and Vince said to Bret that he can decide how he wants to go out. Bret said he appreciates that and said he was thinking that Shawn can get Bret in the sharpshooter then Bret reverses it, then Triple H and Chyna (DeGenerationX faction) can run down and it ends up DQ. Then the next night on Raw, Bret will requenish the title and go off to WCW. Vince agreed and that's how it was supposed to happen.

The match was going along fine, then as planned, Shawn had Bret in the sharpshooter, and as Bret was trying to reverse it as it had been arranged, then Vince, who was at ring-side yelled at the ref Earl Hebner to ring the bell. Earl rang the bell, Shawn won, and Bret was screwed over, screwed over bad.

That's when Bret proceeded to get up, and spit at Vince. (as you saw on that footage)

That's not all, after the show had ended, Bret stormed into Vince's office and punched out Vince. (This was not on camera) it was by no means a work. It was real, and Bret just felt so stupid and ashamed that he was screred over in front of his own crowd.

Hope this helps answer your question mate.

THANKS Nick, wonder if those in the WWF may Sign up Brett Heart in the near Future to destroy Vince and the NWO.

Nolsey77, a bit of respect please to the "Greatest Wrestler there is" "Greatest Wrestler there was" and "The Greatest Wrestler there ever will be" BRET "The Hitman" HART not (heart) :)

Originally posted by Bucks
Nolsey77, a bit of respect please to the "Greatest Wrestler there is" "Greatest Wrestler there was" and "The Greatest Wrestler there ever will be" BRET "The Hitman" HART not (heart) :)

Ah Bucks,
maybe you should pay some repect yourself to the 'Best there is, the best there was, and best there ever will be" Not great. :D :D :D

Originally posted by NICK THE PIE MAN

Ah Bucks,
maybe you should pay some repect yourself to the 'Best there is, the best there was, and best there ever will be" Not great. :D :D :D

:D yeah i knew i got that wrong... wasn't quite thinking straight

Re: Hart (Re-Post).

I wrote out this answer yesterday night, but the Board was down and I couldn't post it. So I saved the Post.

Today, I see the question's been answered, but since I already had my Post written out and saved, I decided to submit it anyway.

Bret Hart had a 20 year contract with the WWF which McMahon suddenly terminated only a few years in. McMahon felt that Hart didn't fit in with the new "attitude" of WWF.

Nearing the end of his run in the WWF Hart was the WWF Champion, and Vince McMahon wanted him to drop the Title to Sean Michaels at Survivor Series in Canada. Hart refused to do that in Canada, his native country, because he felt it'd damage his "Hitman" character.

Hart said he'd drop the Title the next night on RAW. Since Hart's always been the ultimate company-man (both in WWF and during his short time in WCW), you'd have to believe he'd keep his word. However, Vince had reservations; years ago, his Women's Champion, Alundra Blaze (Madusa), showed-up on WCW and trashed the Women's Title, throwing it in the bin. There'd be nothing to stop Hart doing the same, and at any rate, McMahon didn't want WCW debuting the "WWF Champion."

But Vince supposedly relented and agreed to let the Title Bout end in a "schmozz" - that being a no-result due to the Ring being swamped by interference, (presumably the Hart Foundation for Hart, and Tripe and Chyna for Michaels).

During the course of the match, Michaels got Hart in his own Sharpshooter, and as Hart was in the process of reversing it McMahon, at ringside, signaled for the bell and said that Hart submitted. It was probably one of the biggest kayfabes (breaking of character) in the history of wrestling. (The following year, McMahon would actually do this again in the Rock-Mankind Title-bout as part of the angle in which the Rock allied with the Corporation).

Hart then got up and spat in McMahon's face, then proceeded to tear up the Broadcast location. Backstage when McMahon went to talk to him, Hart punched him in the face, giving him a black eye.

Atop of that, Bret blames Vince for the death of Owen, who plunged to his death from the rafters a couple of years ago at the "No Way Out" PPV when the cinch holding his harness inexplicably released.

So, as far as Bret Hart showing up back in the WWF goes, there's probably more chance of Osama Bin Laden turning himself into America's Most Wanted.

Currently, Hart's touring with the WWA - the World Wrestling Allstars - and playing the role of Commissioner. He was here several months ago promoting the Company and ended-up being stranded here for a month after the September 11th attacks, which pretty much closed all the airports in the U.S. and Canada.

There's a Video which has been out for some years called "Wrestling With Shadows" which documents much of Hart's career in the WWF, as well as extensively covering the furore with Vince McMahon.

Hope that helps!

Re: Re: Hart (Re-Post).

Originally posted by Sly
There's a Video which has been out for some years called "Wrestling With Shadows" which documents much of Hart's career in the WWF, as well as extensively covering the furore with Vince McMahon.

Hope that helps!

Hey Sly.
Yep, as I said in my previous post, I have 'Wrestling with Shadows.'

Its fantastic, it was originally just going to be a normal documentary on Bret, but ended up doing the screw-over. The producers would have been wetting themselvs when it happened, as it gave them a more exciting story.

Originally posted by Sly
(The following year, McMahon would actually do this again in the Rock-Mankind Title-bout as part of the angle in which the Rock allied with the Corporation).

Really?
I didn't know that.
Would you mind giving me the lo' down on what happened there?
Like what was supposed to happen? I know how the match finished, but im not yet clear and what was intended to happen.

Cheers...

Re: Survivor Series.

Nick the Pie Man, yep, I saw your answer and that you covered pretty much everything. I wrote mine on Monday night, but the Board was down so I couldn't post it. When I came online on Tuesday, I decided to post despite your excellent answer.

The Rock-Mankind screwjob was all part of the angle to get Rock over as a heel for the corporation.

If I recall correctly, McMahon had been "appearing" to screw Rock through the night. During the Title-bout, McMahon came ringside. Toward the end of the match, Rock got Mankind in the sharpshooter (it was probably the first time Rock used the move) and McMahon signalled for the bell and had the match awarded to the Rock.

That's when Rock crossed to a full-fledged heel and joined McMahon's "Corporation." Mankind protested and McMahon gave him a verbal blasting, while Rock collected him from behind with the Title.

Then (shock!) Austin came in and stunned everybody just so the crowd could go home happy. (I hate that)!

Hey Sly.
Yep, as I said in my previous post, I have 'Wrestling with Shadows.'

Its fantastic, it was originally just going to be a normal documentary on Bret, but ended up doing the screw-over. The producers would have been wetting themselvs when it happened, as it gave them a more exciting story.
I enjoyed watching that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrestling with Shadows is the best we need another one with a current WWE star.
at least we'll get part 2 of the Cody doco. that's probably about as much as we can hope for in the interim until the Netflix deal starts. then they might be more inclined to crank out the content like they used to for the Network.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back