Remove this Banner Ad

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, North Adelaide
Hi, I'm wondering what the Box Hill Mustangs theme song was before they changed to Box Hill Hawks and if there exists a recorded version.

Hi, I'm wondering what the Box Hill Mustangs theme song was before they changed to Box Hill Hawks and if there exists a recorded version.
Someone on the FB page ‘VFA The Halcyon Days’ will know for sure. I’d love to find out myself.

I found out through internet research that Box Hill Mustangs theme song was to the tune of 'Lily of Laguna' (Carlton's theme song). So in that I reckon I have gotten pretty close to the lyrics of their song:

We are the Brown and Gold
We are the old Dark Brown and Gold
We're the team that never let's you down
We're the only team all Box Hill knows

With all the champions
They like to send us
We'll keep our ends up
And they'll know that they've been playing
Against the famous old Box Hill!

I just came across this thread randomly yesterday but the mustangs song might’ve closer to the south Adelaide song. It took me a while to find the video but it’s at about 2hrs 39 mins 30 seconds.

Song ends “some come to cheer us, while others fear us, they all hear us. We are the 1999 premiers, we are the good old brown and gold”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I found out through internet research that Box Hill Mustangs theme song was to the tune of 'Lily of Laguna' (Carlton's theme song). So in that I reckon I have gotten pretty close to the lyrics of their song:

We are the Brown and Gold
We are the old Dark Brown and Gold
We're the team that never let's you down
We're the only team all Box Hill knows

With all the champions
They like to send us
We'll keep our ends up
And they'll know that they've been playing
Against the famous old Box Hill!
Thank God they changed it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back