Best internet plan

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Need to work from home which is burning data. Previously was on pre paid for 50gb a month plus my phone which worked fine. Now I need a whole new set up but keep getting mixed messages from my ISP if NBN is available. Have NFI what to do

Need to work from home which is burning data. Previously was on pre paid for 50gb a month plus my phone which worked fine. Now I need a whole new set up but keep getting mixed messages from my ISP if NBN is available. Have NFI what to do
If you check the website of most ISPs they will have a function where you can input your address and it will tell you if NBN is available in your area, and often what sort (FTTP or FTTN).

Don't forget the cheapest deal isn't always the best deal - an extra $5 per month could mean much better customer service and a better contention rate which means you can use your service at peak times without interruption.

If you check the website of most ISPs they will have a function where you can input your address and it will tell you if NBN is available in your area, and often what sort (FTTP or FTTN).

Don't forget the cheapest deal isn't always the best deal - an extra $5 per month could mean much better customer service and a better contention rate which means you can use your service at peak times without interruption.
Not available

Not sure what sort of internet you can get but I was on unlimited ADSL until very recently with Dodo for $60 a month. Wasn't very good tbh, very slow speeds most of the time. Finally upgraded to NBN50 and works a treat. When the NBN becomes available in your area they will send you an NBN connection box to plug into your existing modem. If you're looking for flexibility you can opt for a month-to-month contract (no cancellation fee but you will get stung with a set-up fee instead). That way if the internet is s**t you can simply cancel and find a new provider. Just have to make sure you return the modem or you get a $109 hardware non-return fee. You could also try TPG, they seem to be fairly popular. There are some comparison sites that can help you narrow down your options and figure out which providers can provide you with internet as many of them (most of the better options) only offer NBN.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back