News Beamer Reinstated as Vice Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Beamer Reinstated as VC

Great news. Well deserved, Beamer.

When I look for leaders at Melbourne this guy stands out, I know brad green is a great player and leader but the heart and soul leader of Melbourne is Brent Moloney

Good move. Beamer is easily the most passionate player at the MFC. Next captain for sure.

In the top echelon of passionate players yes, I hope he is the next captain. Great player!

His attack on the first contest Friday night against the bombers was brillant, set the tone for the night. Just watch him go to the first centre bounce on the weekend will no doubt bump every player in his path!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I look for leaders at Melbourne this guy stands out, I know brad green is a great player and leader but the heart and soul leader of Melbourne is Brent Moloney

Kinda reminds of the Sam Mitchell Hawthorn situation. Look how well Mitchell is playing this year. Could be worth handing over to Moloney and watching Greeny take off without the pressure.

Moloney feeds off the leadership he provides, make him captain and watch him become a truly elite player.

That's not a slight on any of the other leaders more that Moloney fits the role so naturally he is the obvious choice.

I disagree Dez! I think it's important to formally recognize leaders at your club. Vice captains are common from AFL right through to under 10's junior footy. You can't just have one captain/leader, you need a group of senior leaders who can share the pressure and workload, and set the right examples for the rest of the playing group.

However, I do disagree with having massive leadership groups (6-7 at max) and I'm not a fan of co-captains either.

Hate to be a prick, but it wasn't much of a penalty if he gets it back mid season. But to be fair he is an on-field leader, but titles are just there for CVs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back