Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney
OK folks

Being the Australian summer were all doing our fare share of the BBQ circuit

So what are you

Sausages, Chops, Burgers, Steak, Chicken, Fish, Vege burgers, other (specify in thread)

Why Snags are traditional are they really every ones favorite.
I've been accused of being sacrilegious and unaustralian for preferring my home made burgers... although that may the fresh garlic mixed in them.

I don't not like sausages but i do find them to get boring the second day in a row. Am I unaustralian for straying fro mthje traditional fare?

My fav is the rib eye, when cooking in the kitchen I like to brown in a pan then slow roast because they are so thick(6-7 hundred grams), then finnish off with a drizzle of pan juice but on the bbq I get the butcher to split them with his ban saw and marinate with a mixture of tuscan and greek style flavoring my special secret...close second are the little lamb cutlets, but its all an the marination..meat lolli pops.
I love gourmet bbq's, Prawn and Scallop skewers, mushrooms stuffed with sun dried tomatoes and cheese, mmmm, I could go on forever love my bbqs, saying that when pissed Im kinda fond of those cheap safeway honey and cheese lamb hamburgers, oozing with fat lol

pfft. Lamb sucks.

serious question, what is it you dont like about lamb? It doesnt really have a unique taste that would differ greatly from beef, its usually more tender.. I can understand not having a taste for chicken, pork, fish etc but lamb is a strange one??
Not sure if there is a religion that frowns upon it..

It is a strange one. Probably because I've only ever had lamb roasted as home cooked meals with a splash of gravy and nothing much else in regards to flavour. I've never had it on a barbecue with good spices/sauces/herbs. I didn't like it much growing up, so I haven't had it in years. Maybe I'd like it now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fair enough you dont know what your missing lamb is so versatile, Ive never been able to eat kidneys my mum used to try and hide it in pies but could always tell..
Recently Ive been experimenting with roo on the bbq as a request from a mate, very lean and has a wild woody beef flavor, tender unless you over cook it..
As a kid I refused to eat pork except crackle, now I love it especially a big fat pork cutlet with a minty marinade and apple sauce..

mmm, Im off to the kitchen Im hungry.

Back