Bancroft overlooked

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m in no way playing down his role…but to single him out because he was the one caught doing it when they were all in on it (and believe me they were ALL in on it) is pretty harsh - rightly or wrongly they believed the Saffers were doing it so they insanely believed they’d take the law into their own hands and got caught red handed. It’s a classic case of upper management sacrificing a pleb to save their own arse.
I wouldn't have been upset if a more permanent punishment was found for Smith and Warner. They got off lightly, for all of Candace's whining. But once back in that was that.

Shouldn't exclude me now from wanting the main culprit to not represent us again. And I agree he is the pleb they sacrificed to be seen to having taken action, whilst also saving the rest.

Pro sport imv takes too light a touch to cheats. Whether it be like this tampering a ball, match fixing, drugs and doping etc. Deflategate was a wet lettuce suspension given the result and importance of the game - and I'd have life banned Willie Rioli after being convicted of drug offences while on a drug ban.

I wouldn't have been upset if a more permanent punishment was found for Smith and Warner. They got off lightly, for all of Candace's whining. But once back in that was that.

Shouldn't exclude me now from wanting the main culprit to not represent us again. And I agree he is the pleb they sacrificed to be seen to having taken action, whilst also saving the rest.

Pro sport imv takes too light a touch to cheats. Whether it be like this tampering a ball, match fixing, drugs and doping etc. Deflategate was a wet lettuce suspension given the result and importance of the game - and I'd have life banned Willie Rioli after being convicted of drug offences while on a drug ban.
The main culprit wasn’t Bancroft

The main culprit wasn’t Bancroft
That's a matter for interpretation.

Yes, it would have been masterminded by someone far more senior.
Only 1 was caught on camera with sandpaper in his pants.

Say there was more than 1 main culprit for all I care.

As non bowling outfielders, Shaun Marsh and Ussie are the only two I can see with plausible deniability in knowing about it all.
Usman was a permanent fixture in the team in 2016 when the decision was made to start doing it, all the way through to when they were caught. He was almost certainly in the team meeting when all of this was first broached. He would have known.

Last edited:
Usman was a permanent fixture in the team in 2016 when the decision was made to start doing it, all the way through to when they were caught. He was almost certainly in the team meeting with the CEO when all of this was first broached. He would have known.
Bingo! No one was unaware and it was high up the food chain

Usman was a permanent fixture in the team in 2016 when the decision was made to start doing it, all the way through to when they were caught. He was almost certainly in the team meeting when all of this was first broached. He would have known.
Bingo! No one was unaware and it was high up the food chain
Talking out your arses.

I’m pretty confident I’ve got a much better handle on it than you…put it that way
I'm certain you don't. No "almost" or "pretty confident" about it.

The best you and the other truthers can do is make the mind-exploding claim that Usman Khawaja possibly attends team meetings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are beyond help on this topic.
It would help if you admit you have nfi about any meetings that took place... oh wait, you already did, albeit unwittingly.

Don’t think Cricket Australia have ever done anything wrong in that poster’s book. Might be James Sutherland himself.
Appointing Steve Smith as captain stands out as a bit of a blunder.

The but Renshaw scored runs in the A games theory is running its cause.

1) The A games were pretty much all roads.
2) The A games the bowlers were only going 60%
3) Renshaw stunk up Shield cricket and now is stinking up County cricket.

I still can't believe they were so incredibly stupid as to use bright yellow paper.

Why not just use white or brown which from a distance could be mistaken for something else.

Or just wrap your hand in a bandage and use it to scrape the ball AKA Warner in the Ashes the previous year.

1716682843614.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back