Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Except not every player returns "the same" and/or they do the acl on the same knee again.

I also thought he had knee issues in his teen years ? Hence my scepticism.
There has been a lot of research into this and there is a link between return form and level of professionalism/training standards that an athlete works at. Basically the better the trainer and more diligent the athlete the better and quicker they return to form.

Recent examples if you look at Sicily and Docherty who have had reco's but were very diligent and professional, they come back and hit the ground running.

Impey put on weight and didn't manage his rehab as well as Sicily and it took him 18 months after his to get back to something that resembled pre injury form.

The question you have to ask yourself is where do you see Smith at? He is a phenomenal trainer (probably over trainer) but he's also taken a step back from the club rehabilitation process, so I'm not sure at what standard he'll return after his ACL.

Hawks overpaying, we need to keep our pick (if it is in the top 5) - we don't need Smith that much.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Our head of footy has quite literally stated for 18 months that we’d like to add some more zip and xfactor to the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back